Chris Lattimer PhD, vascular surgeon and director of the Josef Pflug Vascular Laboratory, was presented with the v-WIN foundation SING award (Science, Innovation & New Generations) at the International Union of Phlebology in Kracow, Poland.
Congratulations to Prof Francesca Cordeiro, who received the prestigious Duke Elder Award from the Royal College of Ophthalmologists at the their 2019 annual congress.
Surgery and Cancer has 19 newly promoted academics who have been recognised as part of this years Academics Promotions round. Included in the list are 10 individuals who have been made Professor in Practice across a spectrum of areas. Applications were submitted in January with interviews held in April/May before final decisions were made by the Academic Promotions Committee in June. Huge congratulations to each and every one as listed below:
- Dr. Richard Abel Senior Lecturer
- Dr. Veronique Azuara Reader in Stem Cell Biology
- Dr. Maria Kyrgiou Reader in Gynaecological Oncology
- Dr. Daniel Leff Reader in Breast Surgery
- Dr. Maud Lemoine Reader in Hepatology
- Dr. Rohini Sharma Reader in Clinical Pharmacology & Medical Oncology
- Dr. Fernando Bello Professor of Surgical Computing & Simulation Science
- Dr. Hector Keun Professor of Biochemistry
- Dr. Christoph Lees Professor of Obstetrics
- Dr. Tom Bourne Professor of Practice (Gynaecology)
- Dr. Susan Clark Professor of Practice (Colorectal Surgery)
- Dr. Omar Faiz Professor of Practice (Colorectal Surgery)
- Dr. Shahid Khan Professor of Practice (Hepatology)
- Dr. David Nott Professor of Practice (Conflict Surgery)
- Dr. Mary O’Brien Professor of Practice (Medical Oncology)
- Dr. Brian Saunders Professor of Practice (Interventional Endoscopy)
- Dr. Tiong Ghee Teoh Professor of Practice (Obstetrics)
- Dr. Catherine Urch Professor of Practice (Palliative Medicine)
- Dr. Mary Wells Professor of Practice (Cancer Nursing)
You can find detailed guidelines on all the promotional opportunities available to all staff on the Departmental Promotions and Pay webpage.