We are a small charity and social enterprise offering training workshops to local people who are starting their own business as a route out of unemployment. The Start Your Own Enterprise programme starts with an eight week course to help them create a business plan, the next stage is to do test trading from our hub space in Shepherds Bush. This is then complimented with a series of workshops on related topics.
This brief outlines requirements for trainers who would like to run one of the workshops. By offering this training you are helping a small charity and local disadvantaged people.
How do the sessions work?
We will arrange the training and invite participants. We will host it in our space at the West 12 Shopping Centre in Shepherds Bush.
How long will the sessions be?
We suggest 2-3 hours long, either a morning session starting at 11am or an afternoon starting at 2pm.
We are flexible on formats but would like the sessions to be as interactive as possible. We can supply a projector if you would like to use slides. Wireless internet access is also available.
What types of workshops?
Topics in the past have covered the following topics: social media, digital marketing, confidence building, presentation skills, press releases, face to face selling, finance and budgeting and pricing. For more, please visit our website www.petitmiracles.org.uk/events or e-mail email@example.com
Demographics of the group
The entrepreneurs are local people who are based in Hammersmith and Fulham, they have had basic training but are all learning the skills to run their own businesses. They are new to running their own business and some may not have a product ready as yet. Some members of the group come from disadvantaged backgrounds. Most members are very new to using computers and technology. Some have been long term unemployed (6 months +). The businesses that they are starting range from soap, to African inspired clothing, to gardening and hairdressing.We will also be advertising the training out to other local residents who are likely to have similar skill levels.
● Be able to offer time to run the training in Shepherds Bush
● To agree and supply a training session title, training overview of what will be covered in the session, bullet list of what attendees can expect to learn, any special requirements (attendees need to bring a laptop, previous experience or knowledge in a subject area) and if you will be supplying hand-outs.
● To send a photo and bio to be added to the Eventbrite page for promotion of the workshop
In exchange we can offer:
● To cover travel expenses up to a maximum of £75
● Recommendation on LinkedIn
● Mentions of you as a trainer to promote the workshops
● Email newsletter (1k people) / Twitter (5k followers) / Facebook (1.3k) / Instagram (2k)
If you would like to volunteer for this opportunity, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org