Humanity faces many uncertainties in the upcoming years due to swift technological advancements. Future X is a student-led conference that will feature three parallel tracks, discussing how technology is disrupting the Cybersecurity, Finance, and Healthcare industries.
The three parallel tracks are as followed:
- Cybersecurity: Is Our Privacy Dead? – As our internet presence grows every day, so do the threats of cyberattacks. What is the future of cybersecurity in the face of rapidly changing computing technology?
- Finance: The End of Brick-and-Mortar Banks? – The rise of fintech has revolutionised how consumers view banking and financial services. How are banking apps challenging traditional banks and who will reign supreme in the end?
- Healthcare: Life On The Bleeding Edge – Cutting edge innovations have helped vastly improve healthcare in terms of accessibility, affordability, and accountability. What will they think of next and how will this transform the healthcare industry?
When? Saturday, 18 May 2019, 11:00 – 16:00
Where? Imperial College Business School
More info https://ss897570.wixsite.com/futurex2019
Get tickets https://imprl.biz/FutureX
“Since 2015, a transition in thinking has taken place (…) and this is now beginning to be translated into action” – Mark Carney, Governor of the Bank of England. There have been increasing efforts to construct new ways of financing the transition to a low-carbon future. To this end, sustainable finance and impact investing have been identified as invaluable to pave the way for more mainstream investors to participate in this transition. Join us for a conference with leading industry experts and investment professionals to address the difficulties and opportunities in this rapidly expanding field.
When? Saturday, 11 May 2019, 09:30 – 17:00
Where? Imperial College Business School, LGS
More info https://riiconference.wixsite.com/riiconference
Get tickets https://imprl.biz/RII2019
Two-day event (Thursday 23 to Friday 24 May) designed to introduce anyone who uses statistics in their work or research to:
– statistical concepts including: epidemiological study design
– identifying and describing different data types
– selection of appropriate statistical tests (two and three group scenarios)
– calculation of sample size for basic study designs
– principles behind various forms of regression analysis, including survival analysis.
Suitable for – Doctors, nurses, clinical research fellows and postgraduate students
Accreditation by the Royal College of Physicians (12 CPD points) to be sought
Venue (map can be viewed here; photos on page 2) –
National Heart and Lung Institute
Education Centre, Paul Wood Lecture Theatre
Guy Scadding Building
London SW3 6LY
RESEARCH PRESENTATIONS DAY
Saturday June 8th 2019
10.30am – 4.00pm
At BFWG HQ: 4 Mandeville Courtyard, 142 Battersea Park Road, London SW11 4NB
Are you a postgraduate woman student? Do you have research you would like to present to a discerning audience – and have the chance of winning a small prize of £120 for the best presentation to a general audience? Or would you like to join with us just to listen to other postgraduate women students presenting their research? The Research Presentations Day (RPD) offers these opportunities. Past attendees, both presenters and audience, have found the Day thoroughly enjoyable and helpful in developing presentation skills.
If you think you would like to submit an abstract please go to our webpages www.bfwg.org.uk where you can find more details and an abstract form. Closing date for applications is Saturday March 23rd 2018.
All, postgraduates and anyone else interested (male or female), are welcome to attend as audience. Bona fide students (UG or PG) come free. For others there is a charge of £10. A sandwich lunch is included. For further information or to express interest in attending, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Specialist Postgraduate IT Training on offer to Postgraduate Students from October 2013 – June 2014
Specialist courses are offered for staff and postgraduates at Imperial College London.
The following courses have been scheduled:
C for Science
Linux for HPC Beginners
For more information, including how to book, please visit the website.