The Great Exhibition Road Festival in 2020 – Submit your proposals here
- Imperial bring back Festival of Science and Art after hugely successful first year.
- The Great Exhibition Road Festival will return from 3th –5th of July 2020 with opportunities for Imperial teams to get involved in the Saturday and Sunday
This summer Imperial partnered with 20 neighbours across Exhibition Road and South Kensington, including some of the world’s most iconic museums and institutions, to create a unique festival. Over 50,000+ people attended the first ever Great Exhibition Road Festival to enjoy a mixture of art and science, culture and local history, technology and curiosity. You can learn more about the 2019 festival by watching this highlights video.
Festival returns in 2020!
Now the Festival has been confirmed as an annual tradition in this part of the capital, Imperial’s Festival organising team are seeking proposals for 2020. Staff and students are encouraged to submit ideas for research demonstrations, talks, workshops, behind-the-scenes tours, music and dance performances, and any other contribution that might entertain and inspire the public.
For further details on the sort of contributions Imperial staff and students can make to the Festival, and specific requests for the type of content we would like to see more of in 2020, please download our Guidance document for the 2020 Great Exhibition Road Festival proposals process.
The deadline for proposals to be submitted is 12 Noon, Tuesday 26th November 2019
Supporting your application
If you want to take part in next year’s Festival but are not sure what to do. Or if you have an idea but not sure if it will work or how to make it happen, there are a few options:
- Festival Proposals Clinics – We are hosting two of these in November where the Festival organising team will discuss the different ways the Imperial community can get involved and answer any questions or respond to any ideas you might have. You can register for these by clicking on the following links:
- Art and Science Matchmaking session – If you are particularly interested in collaborations with any of our Festival partners, we are hosting a Great Exhibition Road Festival art and science match making session. This session will be run to generate unique Festival contributions that represent a creative or artistic approach to engaging the public around a scientific discipline or an area of College research. To take part, attendees will be required to:
- Work with a Festival partner to come up with a brand new engagement project
- Contribute some funding or budget towards financing the collaboration
- Bring along an open mind to listen to the creative experts and artists in the room and talk openly about potential collaborations
- Add their name to the guest list by emailing the Festival team at email@example.com
We look forward to working with you on this truly unique event!
The Imperial Public Engagement Team
The Festival schedule will include opportunities for Imperial teams to get involved in the following Festival openings:
- Saturday 4th July (from 10:00) – Imperial alumni preview (only relevant to certain parts of the Festival)
- Saturday 4th July: (from 11:00 – 17:00) Festival open to the public
- Sunday 5th July: (from 10:00) – Community and inclusivity preview (only relevant to certain parts of the Festival)
- Sunday 5th July: (from 11:00 – 17:00) – Festival open to the public
Venue: Exhibition Road (+ the public spaces located within the buildings of the Festival partners) London,