Course name: Introductory Medical Statistics
Dates: Thursday 14 to Friday 15 November 2019
Venue: National Heart and Lung Institute, Dovehouse Street, London SW3 6LY
A preliminary programme is accessible via the webpage.
Description: a two-day course designed to introduce anyone who uses statistics in their work or research to:
– statistical concepts including overview of different study designs
– identifying and describing different data types
– selection of appropriate statistical tests
– calculation of sample size for basic study designs
– principles and application of various forms of regression analysis, including survival analysis
The course alternates classical lectures with practical sessions on the application of these methods to real data and their critical review through paper critique.
Target audience: Doctors, nurses, clinical research fellows and postgraduate students – please note discount for students and trainees, mentioned below.
Accreditation: 12 CPD points to be sought from the Royal College of Physicians.
Please note that the course is limited to 60 places, and is expected to fill quickly. Registration will close at end of day on 21 October; or sooner if full before then (which is likely).
Please note the discount for students and trainees:
– Student/trainee concessionary: £175
– First ten NHLI/RBHT delegates (non-student/trainee) concessionary: £280
– Academic/NHS/corporate: £350
REGISTRATION LINK AND PROCEDURE:
Booking link (takes card payments only):
Further information: email@example.com , tel 020 7594 7990.
I hope the above will be of interest.
Departmental Administrator /
Secretary to Professor Paul Cullinan
National Heart & Lung Institute (Imperial College)
Respiratory Epidemiology, Occupational Medicine and Public Health
1b Manresa Road
London SW3 6LR
Tel: 020 7594 7990
Course details: http://www.lungsatwork.org.uk/courses/all
Opt-in here to join our events mailing list