Calling all PhD students and researchers,
Want to make a difference and support a young person from disadvantaged backgrounds gain an insight into research? Sign up to support us here
in2scienceUK empowers students (year 12s) from low-income backgrounds to achieve their potential and progress to STEM research intensive degrees. We have over 2000 student sign up each year and we are looking for volunteers to get involved and host a student for 1 to 2 weeks during the summer.
How it works:
- You’ll host a student whom we’ve selected and interviewed for you for one to two weeks at your place of work.
- You’ll show them your work, introduce them to colleagues and speak to them about your career path.
- Each student will receive a travel and lunch bursary and pre-placement skills day workshop
- This activity counts as evidence of public engagement.
- Being enriched personally and professionally: starting to look at things from a fresh point of view, a different perspective and meet a different generation
- You will have the invaluable opportunity to meet young people, share your experience and make a real difference
You can also read this case study of one of our previous Imperial hosts, Tom Bultrey.