This is a two-year programme for doctoral students studying at universities in the UK, designed to fit around their studies. The scholarship offers a unique opportunity for students from any discipline to develop skills in communication, public engagement, and interdisciplinary working. Seven scholarships are available each year. This year’s successful scholars will join the Lodge from September 2018 to September 2020.
What the Scholarship involves
From the scholar
- Attendance at two conferences per year, an annual Scholars’ Retreat in September, and Annual Lecture
- Facilitation at events
- Submission of a blog and newsletter article on conferences attended
From Cumberland Lodge
- Mentoring in intellectual leadership
- Involvement in cross-disciplinary debates on important social and ethical issues
- Training in communication and public engagement
- Networking opportunities with senior Academics and people in public life
- A personal development grant of up to £300
- Free food, accommodation and travel while staying at Cumberland Lodge
Applicants must be studying for a doctorate in the UK and be able to commit to a two year programme.
For more information, please visit our website:
The deadline for applications is Friday 30 March 2018 and shortlisted candidates will be interviewed via Skype in the week commencing Monday 7 May 2018.
Successful applicants will join the Lodge at the Scholars’ Induction Retreat from Friday 7 to Sunday 9 September 2018.