From 2014, ICT began to offer the Microsoft Office 365 software suite to all incoming and existing College students, free of charge, available throughout their period of study. This means that, once registered, students can use their College credentials (username and password) to access the latest Office 365 suite of collaborative tools and software, provided through the internet from any device, or to download for use on up to five PCs and Macs and up to a further five mobile devices. Latest software includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, and much more.
Students can’t access 365 software until they have registered online (approx. three weeks before commencing studies).
ICT provides information about, and access to, Office 365 and other free and discounted software on offer as follows:
- ICT resources for new students on ICT’s website, signposts 365 and other software offers
- Information and access to free and discount offers, including Office 365, is available via from ICT’s Software Shop
- Introductory information and installation support for Office 365 is available at ICT’s Microsoft Office 365 webpage
- We promote offers via the ICT at Imperial Twitter Feed
- 365 info is included in an e-mail notifying incoming students that their College email account has been set up before arrival on campus
- Free and discounted software is referenced in College prospectuses