Dr Christina Atchison, Principal Clinical Academic Fellow, School of Public Health

I joined Imperial in October 2018 and work part-time in the School of Public Health as a Principal Clinical Academic Fellow on the Global Master in Public Health. I also work for Public Health England as a Consultant in Communicable Disease Control, based in the North West London Health Protection Team.

Before joining Imperial, I completed my public health specialist training and have worked as a Consultant in Public Health Medicine for Local Government, the NHS and Public Health England. I obtained a PhD in Infectious Disease Epidemiology from the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine in 2011 and have held several academic positions alongside my service roles since then.

It’s a privilege to work with dedicated individuals in the School of Public Health. We’re delivering an online degree in the Global Master in Public Health, and there is a real sense of togetherness. We’re trying to expand the reach of the high quality public health education offered by the School of Public Health. What’s really exciting about this project is that most of the content will be available free through Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCS) that anyone can take​, and so increasing accessibility to public health education for those who cannot afford to enrol onto a Master in Public Health degree programme.

We are working with talented Instructional Designers in the College’s Digital Learning Hub to ensure a robust pedagogic approach underpins the design of the programme and to ensure that we are maximising online and digital technology to better apply interactive teaching techniques. In this respect we are very much creating a programme aligned to the vision of the College’s new teaching and learning strategy.

Discover more from Imperial people

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Continue reading