Dr Charles Donovan, Principal Teaching Fellow, Imperial College Business School

I gained an MBA from Vanderbilt University and a DBA in Management at the IE Business School in Madrid. I worked in finance and government policy for more than 15 years – including at BP plc and the US Environmental Protection Agency – before coming to Imperial in 2013 as a Principal Teaching Fellow.

I’m currently Director of the Centre for Climate Finance & Investment at Imperial Business School, driving our mission to unlock solutions within capital markets to address the challenges posed by global climate change. The research we do is highly inter-disciplinary and combines intellectual rigor with relevance to the investment industry.  We seek to analyse and quantify climate risks to investors, with the ultimate aim of demonstrating how climate investing can be relevant to the mainstream.  We are working to identify how opportunities in clean technologies, renewable energy, and climate-resilient infrastructure can be best structured to enhance both financial returns and environmental impact.  Being in London, we are fortunate to be at the crossroads of growing global discussion on these issues and we are rapidly increasing our external collaborations.  I am proud bring these insights into my teaching for students in our MBA, MSc, and executive educations programmes.