- Despite the team working well for the day we have fallen behind due to a few issues with equipment provided
- The rebar provided was not the type that we required or ordered and so valuable time was spent trying to ensure that we could still build safely with this rebar.
- Also bolts to hold the formwork together were not provided and proved difficult to find the required sizes for our formwork. This also meant that a lot of time was wasted causing us to be unable to pour the concrete at the end of the day as planned.
- This leaves us with more to do tomorrow but the team is working well as a unit and the organisation and communication of the group has improved drastically over the day.
- It has been a steep learning curve and we were perhaps a little naive to assume that the materials provided are of sufficient standard and also a little optimistic in the times we estimated for completing tasks.
To follow our progress further we have twitter: @BirchamBNuclear