Online resources have been developed by HR to provide guidance to staff on the personal use of social networking sites. The guidelines aim to protect the reputation of both staff and the College, and outline the implications for breaches of College policies.
If staff refer to the College on social networking sites, key points to follow are:
- A disclaimer should be posted to protect the College
- Confidential information related to College employment should never be disclosed
- Staff should never post information which may be deemed abusive of offensive
- Staff should discuss with their manager if information on a site might entail a conflict of interest
- Sites must not be used for accessing or sharing illegal content