Chapman Fellow in Mathematics, Imperial College London
Office: Huxley 6m22
Phone: 0(20) 7594 1534
General Research Interest:
- Applied analysis for differential and integral equations from mathematical biology and collective behaviours of particle systems, asymptotic analysis of
steady states and solutions close to blowup
- Numerical methods for gradient flow system and equations with nonlocal interactions (including fractional Laplacians)
- Pattern formation of reaction-diffusion equations
Current Research Projects:
- Finite difference discretisation of fractional Laplacian
- Expoential convergence of solutions of fractional porous medium equation (in self-similar variables) to their steady states
- Particle approximation of gradient flow systems
- J. A. Carrillo, Y. Huang, M. C. Santos and J. L. Vazquez.
Exponential Convergence Towards Stationary States for the 1D Porous
Medium Equation with Fractional Pressure. preprint. 2014
- Y. Huang, A. Oberman. Numerical Methods for the Fractional Laplacian: a Finite Difference-quadrature Approach,preprint. 2013
- J.A. Carrillo, A. Chertock, Y. Huang. A Finite-Volume Method for
Nonlinear Nonlocal Equations with a Gradient Flow Structure.
to appear in Commun.Comput.Phys.preprint. 2014
- J.A. Carrillo, M. Chipot, Y. Huang. On global minimizers of
repulsive-attractive power-law interaction energies. to appear in Philosophical
Transactions of the Royal Society A. preprint, 2014
- J.A. Carrillo, Y. Huang, S. Martin. Explicit Flock Solutions for
Quasi-Morse potentials, to appear in European Journal of Applied
- Y. Huang. Explicit Barenblatt Profiles for Fractional Porous Medium
Bull. London Math. Soc. ,46 (4): 857-869, 2014.
- M. Burger, R. Fetecau, Y. Huang, Stationary States and Asymptotic Behaviour of Aggregation Models with Nonlinear Local Repulsion,
SIAM J. Appl. Dyn. Syst., 13(1):397–424, 2014.
- J.A. Carrillo, Y. Huang, S. Martin. Nonlinear stability of flock solutions in second-order swarming models,
Nonlinear Analysis: Real World Applications,17(0):332–343, 2014.
- T. Kolokolnikov, Y. Huang and M. Pavlovski,
Singular patterns for an aggregation model with a confining potential.
Physica D, 260:65–76, 2013.
- R. Fetecau and Y. Huang, Equilibria of biological aggregations with nonlocal repulsive-attractive interactions.
Physica D, 260:49–64, 2013.
- Y. Huang, T.P Witelski, A.L. Bertozzi.
Anomalous exponents of self-similar solutions to an aggregation equation in odd dimensions.
Appl. Math. Lett.,25(12):2317–2321, 2012.
- Y. Huang, A.L. Bertozzi. Asymptotics of Blowup Solutions for the Aggregation Equation.
Discrete Contin. Dyn. Syst. Ser. B, 17(4):1309–1331, 2012.
- R. Fetecau, Y. Huang, and T. Kolokolnikov.Swarm dynamics and equilibria for a nonlocal aggregation model.
Nonlinearity, 24(10):2681, 2011.
- Yanghong Huang, Andrea Bertozzi.
Self-similar blowup solutions to an aggregation equation.
SIAM J. Appl. Math., 70(7):2582–2603, 2010.
- Andris M. Dimits , Chiaming Wang , Russel Caflisch , Bruce I. Cohen, Yanghong Huang.
Understanding the accuracy of Nanbu's numerical Coulomb collision operator,
J. Comput. Phys.,228(13):4881-4892, 2009.
- Zhijun Tan, Yanghong Huang, An alternating Crank-Nicolson method for the numerical solution of the phase-field equations using adaptive
Internat. J. Numer. Methods Fluids, 56(9):1673–1693, 2008.
- Yanghong Huang,
Optimal Design for the Grating Coupler of Surface Plamons.
Proceedings of the COMSOL Users Conference 2008, Boston
I am co-organizing the Applied PDEs seminar with
Prof Jose Carrillo and Prof Pierre Degond. I am part of the Applied and Numerical Analysis Group in
Upcoming Conferences and Workshops (Past Events)
- January 6 - January 10, 2014 ( Winter School) Cambridge,
Isaac Newton Institute Introductory
School to the Programme
"Free Boundary Problems and Related Topics"
- April 28-April 30, 2014, Cardiff,
British Applied Mathematics Colloquium
- May 12-May 16, 2014 ( Spring School) University of Bath,
Microscopic descriptions and mean-field equations in physics and social sciences
- May 19 - May 23, 2014 (Conference) Imperial College London
Collective Behavior: Macroscopic versus Kinetic Descriptions
. Local website.
- May 26 - May 30, 2014 (Conference) Gaeta, Italy
8th European Conference on Elliptic and Parabolic Problems
- June 19 - June 20, 2014 ( Workshop ) Besancon, France,
Les Journees d'Analyse Nonlineaires de Besancon
- June 29 - July 4, 2014 ( Workshop) Banff, Canada
Entropy Methods, PDEs, Functional Inequalities, and Applications
- July 7- July 11, 2014 ( Conference ) Chicago, USA
2014 SIAM Annual Meeting
- September 15 - September 18, 2014 ( Workshop ) Granada, Spain.
PDEs: modelling, analysis and