2017 Autumn Term: P61 Infinite Groups
- John Meier, Groups, Graphs and Trees
- Joseph J. Rotman, Introduction to the Theory of Groups
Some notes from the Autumn 2012 P10 Group Theory course . (The content varied slightly in other years that I taught it.)
- Notes 1: Prerequisites; quotient groups and isomorphism theorems.
- Notes 2: Group actions; Sylow's Theorems.
- Notes 3: Semidirect products; composition series and soluble groups.
- Notes 4: Commutators and the derived series; central series.
- Notes 5: Nilpotent groups; -transitive and primitive groups.