Diego is originally from Valdivia, southern Chile. He has worked in Chile, Ireland, France and the UK. He joined Imperial College in 2011 at the Centre for Synthetic Biology and Innovation. Since 2013 he is a Research Fellow in Biomathematics at the Department of Mathematics.
- At Imperial College:
- Member of Synthetic Biology Hub.
- Co-I at EPSRC Centre for Mathematics of Precision Healthcare.
- Co-I at Mathematics in Medicine group.
- Co-I at Biomathematical Sciences group.
- Advisory Board, Center for the Fourth Industrial Revolution, World Economic Forum
- Young Global Changer, G20 Summit
- Member of the Council on the Future of Biotechnologies, World Economic Forum.
- Member of the EPSRC Early Career Forum in Mathematical Sciences.
- Editorial boards: Microbial Cell Factories, Frontiers in Synthetic Biology.
- Referee for Nature Communications, Cell Systems, PLoS Comp Biology, ACS Synthetic Biology, Integrative Biology, J Royal Society Interface, Scientific Reports, Biophysical Journal, J of Math Biology, Bull Math Biology, New Journal of Physics, Journal of Chemical Physics, BMC Systems Biology, BMC Bioinformatics, IET Systems Biology, PLoS One, Nonlinear Analysis: Hybrid Systems, Automatica, IEEE Trans on Nanobioscience, Syst & Control letters, IEEE Trans on Industrial Electronics, and all major control engineering conferences (CDC, ACC, ECC, IFAC-WC).