Diego is originally from Valdivia, southern Chile. He has worked in Chile, Ireland, France and the UK. He joined Imperial College in 2010 as a postdoc at the Centre for Synthetic Biology and Innovation. Since 2013 he is a Research Fellow in Biomathematics at the Department of Mathematics.
- 2015 Young Investigator Grant, Human Frontier Science Program.
- 2013 Imperial College Research Fellowship.
- 2010 Marie Curie Fellowship, European Union FP7-COFUND.
- Member of the Council on the Future of Biotechnologies, World Economic Forum.
- Associate of the Synthetic Biology Hub at Imperial College.
- Associate Editor for Frontiers in Synthetic Biology.
- Organizer of the Biomathematics Seminar Series at Imperial College (2014-15).
- Referee for Cell Systems, PLoS Comp Biology, ACS Synthetic Biology, Integrative Biology, J Royal Society Interface, Scientific Reports, Biophysical Journal, J of Math Biology, Bull Math Biology, New Journal of Physics, Journal of Chemical Physics, BMC Systems Biology, BMC Bioinformatics, IET Systems Biology, PLoS One, Nonlinear Analysis: Hybrid Systems, Automatica, IEEE Trans on Nanobioscience, Syst & Control letters, IEEE Trans on Industrial Electronics, and the major control engineering conferences (CDC, ACC, ECC, IFAC-WC).
- Yiyu Xiang: MRes, co-supervised with J. Heap.
- Ioannis Kyprianou, MRes, co-supervised with J. Heap.
- Antonio Torres, MRes, co-supervised with J. Heap.
- Gabriel Bosque, PhD intern (U Polytech Valencia), co-supervised with M. Beguerisse and M. Barahona.
- Alejandro Vignoni, PhD intern (U Polytech Valencia).
- Andrey Sokolov, MSc, co-supervised with M. Beguerisse and M. Barahona.
- Jean-Baptiste Lugagne, MSc intern (INP Grenoble).
- Juan Kuntz, BSc intern, co-supervised with G.-B. Stan.
- Mitchell Duffy, MRes, co-supervised with G.-B. Stan and G. Baldwin.
- Marit Hoff-Hoffmeyer-Zlotnik, BSc intern (Bremen HS).