All applications to the Global Online MBA are considered on their individual merits. We look for a combination of academic ability, work experience and professional status. To be eligible to apply for the programme you would normally have:
- 5 years’ relevant postgraduate work experience
- At least a Lower Second Class Honours degree OR international equivalent OR recognised professional qualification
- English language test results (if applicable)
We may be able to consider applicants who do not meet the above entry requirements. For further information, please contact us.
To apply to the programme you will normally need 5 years’ continuous, relevant full-time work experience after graduating. The programme is highly interactive and you’ll be encouraged to contribute the experiences and insights you’ve gained during your working life.
You’ll normally need one of the following:
- At least a Lower Second Class Honours degree OR international equivalent
- An acceptable professional qualification*
*Acceptable professional qualifications:
- Full membership of Any Institute of Chartered Accountants in the UK or Ireland
- Full membership of Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accounting
- Associateship or Fellowship of Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA)
- Full membership of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
English language requirement
All MBA students must meet our English language entry requirements. If you have a degree taught in English within the following countries, you meet the English requirement automatically: Australia; Canada; Guyana; Ireland; New Zealand; South Africa; United Kingdom; United States of America; West Indies. This applies only to degrees that were studied entirely and awarded in the relevant country.
For all other applicants, a full list of acceptable English language qualifications and our required scores can be found on our detailed English language requirement page.
Most applicants meet the requirement in one of the following ways:
- IELTS (academic): A minimum score of 7.0 with minimum scores of 6.5 in all elements
- TOEFL iBT: A minimum score of 100 overall with minimum scores of 22 in all elements
- IELTS and TOEFL scores are only valid if they are less than two years old on the programme start date.
- You may submit your online application prior to meeting the English language requirement.
Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT)
The Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) is not a requirement for admission to the Imperial Global Online MBA.
A Tier 4 visa is not required for this programme. A short-term study visa is required for the on campus periods of the programme if you are an international student from a country outside the EU or EEA.
If you are made an offer for a place on the Global Online MBA our team will provide all the relevant visa information and guide you through the process.
Flexibility was the big factor. Having access to a world-class education, which is what Imperial provides, but with the convenience where I can study anytime and anywhere.