General Management Programme
A valuable opportunity to grow in confidence as a leader; and develop powerful business skills to meet the demands of your career.
With globally-renowned business experts, world-leading scientists and technology thought leaders as your guide, you’ll achieve a comprehensive grounding in today’s burning business issues as well as learning how to harness the power of technology and drive innovation to solve the challenges of tomorrow.
You’ll acquire critical business skills and evolve to be a more complete leader, able to influence c-suite executives and direct the wider business.
Business Defining Issues
Using technology strategies and business foresight to combat complexity:
- Big Data
- The Internet of Things
- Human Machine Interaction
- New Materials
Critical Business Skills
- Digital Platforms
- Innovation Ecosystems
- Marketing in the Digital Age
- Operations and Supply Chain
- Digital Transformation
- Corporate Governance
- Changing nature of Leadership
- Managing the 2.0 Organisation
- Authentic Leadership
- Dyson Incubator at the Royal College of Art
- Imperial Boathouse with Cath Bishop (World Champion Rower)
- Business visits and cultural excursions
Who should attend?
- Functional Directors wanting to take their career to the next level.
- Newly promoted General Managers seeking to acquire the necessary general management and leadership skills.
- The rare opportunity to take two weeks to develop and reflect
- Understanding the key technology trends that affect business
- Gaining a broader knowledge of the key functional issues that affect the role of the General Manager
- Networking with peers from a range of industries and countries
- Enhanced confidence in dealing with C-suite executives
- A certificate credential from one of the most prestigious universities in the world
- Increased confidence that you will return to work exposed to the key challenges of general management
- The transfer of knowledge about frontier technology and business issues that can be transferred to the rest of the organisation
- The application of enhanced leadership skills within your workplace
- You will bring back a broadened functional, industry and geographic perspective to your organisation
Topics at a glance
- Science and technology developments
- Predictions for the future business
- The opportunities and threats of Globalisation
- Connected marketing and value propositions
- Leadership technique and analysis
- Legislation and corporate governance
- The economic potential of Big Data, hyperconnectivity and cyber security – addressing skills gaps and understanding.
- How our brains generate behaviour from our intentions – AI and cognitive prosthetics.
- Smart cities and the Internet of Things – how will this evolve society?
- New materials and the market impact of new technologies and devices.
- Building global competitive advantage – China and emerging markets. How do they innovate?
- Platforms and Innovation ecosystems for business advantage.
- Technology and the digital marketing toolkit.
- Finance for general managers – speak the language of business.
- New leadership for a hyper-connected world.
- High performance teamwork principles through sport
- Operations and supply chain management mastery.
- Sustaining business relevance and advantage through digital transformation.
- Intrapreneurship for business growth.
- Strategic transformation and activation for business.
- Inspiring and managing innovation.
- Corporate governance.
- Managing an evolved organisation – the effects of flatter structures, the new workforce and a post email world.
Detailed session descriptions
Programme key info
Sales and Marketing Manager
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7594 2605
Sales and Marketing Executive
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7594 7178
LSEG Network Coordinator
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7594 6448
Director of Business Development
Tel: +44 (0) 7566 950 831
Tel: +258 829 636 940
Go above and beyond
Immersive learning experiences for unparalleled insight and inspiration
Firmly rooted in our scientific tradition, researched and taught by experts of international renown, an Imperial Executive Education delivers the gold standard in 21st century learning.
At Imperial it’s not just what you learn, it’s how you learn. Going way beyond the classroom our Impact Lab™ approach is a series of immersive, interactive experiences. Here we uniquely blend the disciplines of science and technology with the results focus of business.
This is where you’ll break free of current mental patterns to discover practical, new solutions, inspiring methods of leadership and embrace bold, new ideas.
You’ll be challenged by sessions in the Imperial Boathouse and Dyson Incubator. It’s where you’ll be inspired and grow in confidence with every hour.
Download a Brochure now