Following my recent posts about the new system for publishing documents on the web, I am happy to confirm the go live date is Tuesday 1 June 2010. Here are just a few reminders and points before we go live.
The transition to the new system
- If you have existing links to documents within the live content management system (CMS), you do not need to worry about changing them.
- If you have used links to Content Services within systems outside the CMS, e.g. iRecruitment, then:
- If it’s a manageable amount, i.e. less than 100, it’s probably best to change them manually when the time comes. We can give advice on that so please let me know if this affects you.
I’m delighted to let you know that we’ve recently launched the new online Undergraduate Prospectus for 2011 entry. This is the official website for course and application information for prospective undergraduate students, and is one of the most popular sites within the College web presence, with the prospectus homepage and the course listings page regularly appearing in the top 10 most visited pages within our site.
So check out the new UG Prospectus online – and tell us what you think…
Don’t forget to double check any links you have to the Undergraduate Prospectus on your departmental sites to make sure they still work!
You may remember a recent update about Content Services being decommissioned and replaced by a new SharePoint site collection. This project is still running to schedule and completion is expected mid May. Since I posted the first update, a number of questions have arisen, including:
Map network drives
- It is easy to upload directly into a SharePoint Library, but we will post instructions on mapping libraries as network drives in the coming weeks.
Links to documents
- If you have existing links to documents within the live content management system (CMS), you do not need to worry about changing them. We are preparing an automatic process to do that.