Yesterday we held a very successful World Café meeting at Hammersmith Campus and are very grateful to all those who attended and to Jess Taylor for facilitating. This meeting is the first of two, with the second taking place on Wednesday 17 January in Baden Powell House, very close to the South Kensington Campus.
We very much look forward to seeing many other staff on 17th January to continue the conversations – building on the key issues raised yesterday:
- Recognition of roles and achievements – academic and other;
- Appreciation and respect from colleagues and leaders- across all roles and, importantly, between professional services and academic staff (saying ‘thank you’ came up more than once);
- Feeling their roles are of worth and valued, and that they are valued as people; collegiate behaviour;
- A stronger sense of community, within the department, between sites and with IC more widely;
- Better quality of communication; how, when and why things get communicated clarity of process, accountability and transparency;
- Visibility and accessibility (approachability) of leaders