- 2 clinical lecturers appointed this year (one NIHR funded) – Tristan Lane and Sarah Onida
- 2 new research fellows appointed – Amar Abdullah and Lydia Hanna
- We now have monthly cross-site research meetings with research staff based at Charing Cross, Hammersmith and St Mary’s Hospital
Sarah Onida – Clinical Lecturer in Vascular Surgery
- Second prize at the American College of Phlebology for the following oral presentation: “Clinical Scoring, Disease Specific Quality of life and Duplex Features in Chronic Venous Disease”
- First prize at the VI International Interuniversity Meeting for the following oral presentation: “The relationship between disease-specific clinical and quality of life scores in chronic venous disease”
- EIT Health Doctoral Transition Fellowship 2017 (€10,000)
Matt Tan – BSc student
- Second prize at the VI International Interuniversity Meeting for the following oral presentation: “Thrombophilia in non-thrombotic chronic venous disease of the lower limb”
Joseph Shalhoub – Honorary Clinical Senior Lecturer in Vascular Surgery
- Recipient of the Gold Medal for the highest mark in the Fellow of the European Board of Vascular Surgery (FEBVS) examinations in Lyon, France, September 2017. The award was presented at the European Society for Vascular Surgery 31st Annual Meeting.
Roshan Bootun – Research postgraduatee
- First Prize at the European Venous forum for the presentation of COMETA study.