Questions about your conditional offer?

July 29, 2010
by James Tilley

If you have been made a conditional offer of admission by Imperial, and are unsure as to how to meet the conditions of your offer, you should speak to the appropriate admissions team.

HELPFUL HINT: If a conditional offer asks you to produce an original transcript or degree certificate, you must send the original document in the mail, to the appropriate admissions team.

When sending documents to Registry, you should try to include your CID number, and mark the document or the envelope for the attention of the appropriate admissions team. This will help us to process your documents more quickly.

Please note, you cannot scan and email these documents as the admissions team do need to see the original for verification.

177 Responses to “Questions about your conditional offer?”

1. Rebecca Freir says:

Hi Maria,

You can just enter the result on the application form. If we need any further information we will request this from you.

Best wishes,
    Rebecca

2. Maria says:

Hi,

I would like to apply for a Phd scholarship. I saw on the the Application Form Instructions that the High School A-level is requested. Unfortunately I don’t have a similar evaluation, I am italian and we only have a final Diploma mark at the end of the High School. Could it be enough? Should I also upload my Diploma Certificate on the Application Form or is it sufficient to enter the final mark?
    Thank you in advance
    BW

Maria

3. Rebecca Freir says:

Hi Hamid,

You can find a list of our entry requirements at: http://www3.imperial.ac.uk/entryrequirements/graduate. If your country or qualification is not listed, please contact the relevant Registry Admissions Team for guidance. A list of Admissions Teams can be found at: http://www3.imperial.ac.uk/registry/abouttheregistry/contacts#admissions.

Best wishes,
    Rebecca

4. hamid says:

hi
    i got and average of 68.96% in my biomedical science degree what are my chances in getting accepted in cancer biology msc. i wanted to apply to see if i get accepted but want to start study next year so is there a way that i can see if i get accepted or not.

5. Rebecca Freir says:

Hi Ziad,

If you apply but do not yet have your results we can use your predicted grades when considering your academic eligibility. You would not need to have completed your qualifications prior to submitting an application.

Applications for 2014 entry will open from the beginning of September.

Best wishes,
    Rebecca

6. Ziad says:

Hi,
    I’m an international student completing the French Baccalaureate. I would like to know if the grades predicted by my teachers will be the ones on which my conditional acceptance will be based or if others grades (such as Imperial’s minimum required averages) will be needed.
    Regards,
    Ziad.

7. Rebecca Freir says:

Hi Paul,

If you fail to meet the conditions of your offer, we will refer your application back to the relevant Department automatically for reconsideration. It is likely that the Department may not be able to make a decision until August, following the release of the A Level results.

If you have any further queries relating to this you should contact the relevant Admissions Team, and you can find a list of Admissions Teams at: http://www3.imperial.ac.uk/registry/abouttheregistry/contacts

Best wishes,
    Rebecca

8. Paul says:

Hi,

I really want to attend the Imperial Biology C100 dept., but I missed part of my conditions, namely economics and calculus. However, I did get a 5 in AP Bio, which I think is the most important. Are there any steps I can take, to perhaps follow a petition process to see if I can still gain admittance to Imperial?

Regards,
    Paul

9. Rebecca Freir says:

Hi Danyal,

You can find a list of our entry requirements at: http://www3.imperial.ac.uk/entryrequirements/undergraduate. If your country or qualification is not listed in the table, please contact the relevant Registry Admissions Team for guidance. A list of Admissions Teams can be found at: http://www3.imperial.ac.uk/registry/abouttheregistry/contacts#admissions.

Best wishes,
    Rebecca

10. danyal says:

i am currently studying pakistani board fbise (fbise.edu.pk)
    i had a doubt that should i take sat or additional tests or not
    and also what percentage is required for my admission
    best wishes
    danyal

11. Rebecca Freir says:

Hi Sara

You will need to contact your Examination Board and they will be able to advise.

Best wishes,
    Rebecca

12. Sara Hamid says:

hi.. I did my Olevels in 2008 .. I have lost my certificate. kindly telme the procedure that how can I apply for a new one. thanks

13. Rebecca Freir says:

Hi Janet,

You should contact the Admissions Team directly, by email, regarding any special circumstances which you would like us to take into account. It is vital that you let us know as soon as possible, and this must be before your results are published. The Admissions Tutor will then be able to take this information into account when your results are released.

You can find a list of Admissions Teams at http://www3.imperial.ac.uk/registry/abouttheregistry/contacts#admissions.

Best wishes,
    Rebecca

14. Janet says:

Dear Sir/Madam,

I have received a conditional offer (A level grades) from Imperial for an Undergraduate degree. My grandpa (whom I was extremely close to) passed away 2 days before my exams started and I feel it had an adverse effect on my exam performance and may affect my exams next week. Is it worth me contacting Imperial to inform them of this as it may alter my grades and result in my not meeting my offer?

15. Rebecca Freir says:

Hi Vincent,

Applications for our Undergraduate courses are made through UCAS (http://www.ucas.ac.uk) and you can find a list of vacancies on the UCAS website. Most of our courses starting in October 2013 are now full, and applications should be made before 15th January in order to receive equal academic consideration. This is with the exception of Medicine, which has a deadline of 15th October. Please also note that we do not offer foundation degrees. You can find a list of the courses we do offer, and course information, on our website at: http://www.imperial.ac.uk/ugprospectus.

Best wishes,
    Rebecca

16. Rebecca Freir says:

Hi Hope,

For 2013/14 entry deposits are refundable if you fail to meet the conditions of your offer. You will need to contact tuition.fees@imperial.ac.uk to request a refund of your deposit. Applicants to the Imperial College Business School should note that deposits for these courses are only refundable if they fail to meet the academic conditions of the offer or if their visa application is refused by the UKBA.

You can find more information relating to deposits at http://www3.imperial.ac.uk/studentfinance/prospectivepgstudents/2013-14pgapplicationdeposits.

Best wishes,
    Rebecca

17. Vincent says:

Dear sir or madam,
    Is it too late for me to apply at Imperial College?
    If not, I’m Indonesian, should i study foundation 1 year or I can directly apply to the college?
    Best wishes,
    VIncent Joman

18. Hope says:

Dear Sir/Madam

I have a conditional offer for an MSc and the deposit is £2900. If I don’t meet the grades required in the offer i.e. upper second will my deposit be refundable?

Best Wishes

Hope

19. Rebecca Freir says:

Hi Sarah,

You must meet your offer conditions before the start of your course or your offer would be withdrawn, and you would not be permitted to commence your studies.

It is always best to contact the Admissions Team and provide further details, in the first instance, as they may be able to suggest alternative ways of meeting conditions. For the Masters in Public Health you should contact the Postgraduate Medicine Admissions Team, and you can find their contact details at: http://www3.imperial.ac.uk/registry/abouttheregistry/contacts#admissions.

Best wishes,
    Rebecca

20. Sarah Najjar says:

Hello,

I got a conditional offer for the Masters in Public Health and I just wanted to know what would happen if I did not meet the conditions of my offer by the start of the course (28th September 2013). What will be done in that case?

Thank you,
    Sarah Najjar.

21. Rebecca Freir says:

Hi Dhamotharan,
    You must meet all of your conditions prior to the start of your studies. If you need to apply for a visa please ensure that you allow plenty of time for this, after meeting your offer conditions.
    Best wishes,
    Rebecca

22. Dhamotharan says:

Hi,
    I have got an conditional offer for the MULTISOLVE project from Aerospace engineeirng. I would like to know when is the last date for submitting the English proficiency exam result?

23. Rebecca Freir says:

Hi Thisara,

Any questions you have regarding your offer should be directed to the relevant Admissions Team. For Biomedical Engineering you should contact the Engineering Admissions Team and you can find their contact details at: http://www3.imperial.ac.uk/registry/abouttheregistry/contacts#admissions.

Best wishes,
    Rebecca

24. Thisara says:

Hello,

I have received a conditional offer for biomedical engineering. the condition was based on my AS level subjects. The condition is 4A*s for maths, bio physics and chem. However, i am going to drop biology and i will not be taking it for my A2 examinations. I want to know if Imperial is going to withdraw my offer because of this or whether they will simply change the conditions of the offer.
    Regards
    thisara

25. Rebecca Freir says:

Hi Pranav,

Any questions you have regarding your offer should be directed to the relevant Admissions Team. A list of Admissions Teams can be found at http://www3.imperial.ac.uk/registry/abouttheregistry/contacts.

Best wishes,
    Rebecca

26. Pranav says:

Dear Sir/Mdm,

I am a Singaporean student and completed my A levels 2 years. I recieved a conditional offer in Early January which only required me to produce transcipts of my A-Level Certificates. I have sent the documents to the appropriate department, however, I have not recieved a response. It has been close to 2 months since I sent the documents over. However, my offer on UCAS states that it is Uncoditional. I am not too sure if it was unconditional to begin with or it has recently changed since I sent the documents over.
    I am curious to know if I will recieve a new unconditional letter once the documents have been verified? Could you please advise me on what to do next?
    Thanks a lot,
    Pranav Malhotra

27. Rebecca Freir says:

Hi Teo,

Any questions you have regarding the conditions of your offer should be directed to the relevant Admissions Team. A list of Admissions Teams can be found at http://www3.imperial.ac.uk/registry/abouttheregistry/contacts.

Best wishes,
    Rebecca

28. Teo says:

Hi,
    I have a conditional offer for Msc in steel structure and bussiness management .
    However I should submit the ielts Test.
    Do you know which is the english languange requirement in this master?

29. Rebecca Freir says:

Hi Dave,

If an applicant who has not already met our English Language requirement is made an offer, we would ask for them to meet it as a condition of the offer. If this condition was not met before the start of the course then they would have failed to meet the conditions of the offer.

Best wishes,
    Rebecca

30. Dave says:

Hiya,

I would like to know if I get an conditional offer, however, only i can’t meet the entry requirement of the pre-sessional English course or obtain the relevant score of any English test. Does it mean that I failed to meet the conditional offer?

31. Rebecca Freir says:

Hi Lillian,

Best wishes,
    Rebecca

32. Rebecca Freir says:

Hi Theo,

This will be fine provided you meet all of your conditions prior to the start of the course. If you need to apply for a visa please ensure that you allow plenty of time for this, after meeting your offer conditions.

Best wishes,
    Rebecca

33. lillian says:

Dear sir or madam:
    I‘m a Chinese candidate, and I have receive a conditional offer for MSC. And it requires an overall average mark of 87%. In my college,since different courses have different credit, the overall average mark is calculated in weighted average mark. How the overall all average mark is calculate in Imperial college?
    Since this is the last semester, and I can only take 4courses including the dissertation. It is impossible to achieve 87% if the average mark is calculated in mean value. So I want to know how the average mark is calculated in your university? Do you taking the credit of each course into account?

34. Theo says:

I had a conditional offer for Msc in civil engineering. However i should submit the ielts test. I will be ready for the test in the middle of August. Is it very late to submit it then???

35. James Tilley says:

Hi Jennifer,
    Please direct your question to the Admissions team – admissions.enquiries@imperial.ac.uk who will be able to advise you on this matter.
    Best wishes

36. Jennifer says:

Hi,
    I have received a conditional offer for Chemistry with Medicinal Chemistry (F124) but I am now considering a different career path. I was wondering whether it would be possible for another department (e.g. Department of life sciences ) to consider my application or would I have to transfer departments once I am admitted to Imperial.

Thanks in advance,
    Jennifer

37. James Tilley says:

Hi Ahmad,
    Please direct your enquiry to the Admissions team – admissions.enquiries@imperial.ac.uk
    Best wishes

38. Ahmad says:

Hi,

For my Bachelor’s degree i began studying in USA , but transferred to UK for last two years. If i apply to Imperial, what transcripts do i need to submit for conditional offer?

Thanks.

39. James Tilley says:

Hi Paul,
    iGCSE as a second language is accepted with a ‘B’, as well as iGCSE as a first language with a ‘B’.
    If you have any further questions regarding English language requirements, please visit http://www3.imperial.ac.uk/registry/admissions/ugenglish in the first instance. If you are unable to find the information you require, please speak to the appropriate admissions team – http://www3.imperial.ac.uk/registry/abouttheregistry/contacts#admissions
    Best wishes

40. James Tilley says:

Hi Paul,
    If you are concerned about the offer that has been made to you, you should speak to the appropriate admissions team. You can find the contact details at http://www3.imperial.ac.uk/registry/abouttheregistry/contacts#admissions
    Best wishes

41. Paul M says:

And here is another question about English Requirements, is a B in English as a second language can be used? Or the English Language tests must be as a first language?

42. Paul M says:

Hello, I have just received a conditional offer, and conditions are AAA in Math, Chemistry and Physics. Will the college change the offer and ask higher grade or grade for a course I can not study now?

Regards
    Paul

43. James Tilley says:

Hi SpyZ,
    Applicants must meet all the conditions stated on their conditional offer in order to commence study at Imperial College. If an applicant is not ableto meet the conditions of their offer, for example not reaching the required English standard or the academic grades included in the offer, then their place on the course would not be confirmed and they would not be able to register at Imperial College.
    Best wishes

44. SpyZ says:

Good evening, I’d like to ask something regarding the conditional offer for a postgraduate degree.If i don’t meet the conditional offer given, does that mean that i am automatically excluded from any chance of getting a position or that there must be some vacant positions in order to accept me?

45. James Tilley says:

Hi Harshit,
    You are able to submit an application for a Master’s programme (although please be advised that applications for 2012 entry are now likely to be closed for the majority of programmes). Applications for 2013 entry will open in November 2012.
    If your application is accepted, you will receive a conditional offer, and one of the conditions of the offer will be that you provide original evidence of your previous qualifications, i.e. your original degree certificate, before the start of your studies.
    Best wishes

46. Harshit says:

Hi i was planning to apply to study masters in electronics but still i m studying my final year but in india we get original degree certificate after 6 months so provisional degree certificate is enough to receive unconditional offer letter i have my original 8 semesters certificates

47. James Tilley says:

Hi Davide,
    Please direct your enquiry to the Natural Sciences Admissions team – ns.admissions@imperial.ac.uk whowill be able to advise you.
    Please also remember to state your CID number in the correspondence.
    Best wishes

48. Davide Gualdi says:

Dear Mr. Tilley,

I have been offered a place at the MSc course Quantum Fields and Fundamental Forces under the condition:

“Subject to official confirmation of the award of Bachelor’s degree with 109/110 or better to be confirmed by the original university transcript OR the Statement of Qualifications form which must be completed by the Registry at your university once your degree result is confirmed”

Now I have finished all my exam with an average that gives me the certainty ( following the rules of my University) to get 110/110 in the Bachelor’s degree. The only problem is that the only degree session planned by my University is on September 26th, and I will not be able to send to the Registry the evidence of my degree before the afternoon of the same day. Will be it a problem considering the fact that lessons at Imperial begin on October 1st? In other words, will be the documents be processed quickly enough ?
    Thank you very much for your help,
    best regards,

Davide Gualdi

49. James Tilley says:

Hi Stefan,
    You must respond to your conditional offer within 28 days of the date of the offer, which in your case is 02 August 2012.
    Best wishes

50. Stefan says:

Dear James Tilley,

I got a conditional offer for Biomedical Engineering (Neurotechnology MSc) on 02-Aug-2012.

I read that it is possible to wait 28 days from the date the offer was made to accept it. (See Elaine Financal Mathematics)

Is that also correct for my intended course?
    Best regards
    Stefan

51. James Tilley says:

Hi Sujinna,
    If you intent to accept your offer, you should do so immediately. You will then be required to meet the conditions of your offer, including providing any documents as requested, as soon as possible thereafter. If you have any further queries on your offer, please contact the Natural Sciences Admissions team – ns.admissions@imperial.ac.uk and remember to state your CID number in the correspondence.
    Best wishes

52. Sujinna says:

Hello,

I hold a conditional offer to study in Cell and molecular biology research program. I would like to know if I can accept the offer immediately, and send the certificate letter to fulfill my offer later on ?

Thank you in advance

Sincerely yours,

Sujinna Lekmeechai

53. James Tilley says:

Hi Louis,
    Yes, if your offer states that you must provide documentation, then this must be original documentation. When you send your documents to the Engineering Admissions team, you can include a note requesting that they return the documents to you once they have been processed.
    Best wishes

54. Louis says:

Dear sir or madam,
    I have received a conditional offer in aeronautics and I need to send in to the College documents proving a certain level of English. I’ve read on the site that the College needs to see the original version of all documents. Does it mean that I need to send the original copies of my certificates? If yes, would I get them back?
    Best wishes
    Louis

55. James Tilley says:

Hi Lawan,
    Please direct your enquiry to the Natural Sciences Admissions team – ns.admissions@imperial.ac.uk who will be able to advise you on this matter. Please remember to state your CID in the correspondence.
    Best wishes

56. Lawan says:

I have an unconditional offer to study Msc Environmental Technology and when applying for my Visa, I’d like to know if I am required to attach the ‘original evidence of official degree level’ certificate that was provided by Imperial College and which was signed and stamped by my university here as a supporting document or if my transcripts will be enough. If it is required can I be provided with a link to the document because it is no longer available in student e-service since I’ve fulfilled that condition, and the laptop on which I saved it previously was stolen.

57. James Tilley says:

Dear Nader,
    Please direct your enquiry to the Natural Sciences Admissions team – ns.admissions@imperial.ac.uk and ensure that you state your CID number in the correspondence.
    The Admissions team will be able to provide you with the necessary guidance.
    Best wishes

58. Nader says:

Dear sir,
    I have a conditional offer for M.Sc. in Applied Mathematics and one of the conditions is to provide a proof of official degree, however, the degree will not be available before November. I would like to know, if that would mean that I have to defer my offer until next year? Thank you in advance and best wishes.
    Nader

59. James Tilley says:

Hi Alicia,
    You must respond to your offer within 28 days of the offer being made to you. You are advised to contact the appropriate admissions team by telephone, as a matter of urgency, for further advice.
    You can find the contact details for the appropriate admissions team by visiting – http://www3.imperial.ac.uk/registry/abouttheregistry/contacts
    Best wishes

60. Alicia says:

Dear sir or madam,

I have been made an offer of admission on April 17th. I would like to accept the offer, and I think I have to answer it before May 15th. I am waiting for an answer of a Sponsoring Organisation, which will be on June 1st. I would like to know if I could wait to answer the offer of admission and to pay the deposit until having the answer of the Sponsoring Organisation, which will be exactly the 1st of June.

Best wishes

61. James Tilley says:

Hi ChLow,
    Please direct your question to the Admissions team on admissions.enquiries@imperial.ac.uk
    Best wishes

62. James Tilley says:

Hi Elaine,
    You have 28 days from the date the offer was made. If you have any further questions regarding the offer or the timeframe within which you must make the decision, please contact the Natural Sciences Admissions Team – ns.admissions@imperial.ac.uk remembering to quote your CID number.
    Best wishes

63. ChLow says:

Hi,
    My son have applied to do Chemical engineering as an international student and have received a conditional offer. I do not have the finances for him to study in UK and the only way he can go to Imperial College is to get a scholarship. Unfortunately the scholarship that he may be getting do not allow him to study chemical engineering. My question is if we do get those scholarship and it is for a Mathematics degree can we change the course we are offered which is chemical engineering to another course. (Mathematics)

64. Elaine says:

Dear sir,
    I have just received the conditional offer of MSc Mathematics and Finance for next year but I am not sure about how long the period is for me to make the decision. Thank you very much and wish you all the best.
    Elaine Chen

65. James Tilley says:

Hi Renato,
    Please direct your question to the Engineering Admissions team – engineering.admissions@imperial.ac.uk and remember to state your CID number in the correspondence. The admissions team will be able to advise you.
    Best wishes

66. Renato Santos says:

Greetings!

I have accepted my conditional offer for a Departmental PhD in the ES&E Department which is planned to start next October.
    I have a doubt related with the English tests. Is there any important deadline about this? I would like to do that in June/July. Are there any problems with it? Does it have to be sooner?

Thank you!

Best regards,
    Renato Santos

67. James Tilley says:

Hi Shadman,
    Please direct your question regarding the English Language requirement of your offer to the Engineering Admissions team – engineering.admissions@imperial.ac.uk and please remember to state your UCAS ID in your correspondence.
    Best wishes

68. James Tilley says:

Hi Kai,
    Please email the Tuition Fees team – tuition.fees@imperial.ac.uk who will be able to help you. Please remember to state your CID number in all correspondence.
    Best wishes

69. Shadman says:

Dear Admissions Officer.

I am an international applicant for the October 2012 entry. I have received a conditional offer for an undergraduate course in Chemical Engineering. One of the conditions required for admission is ‘Pass an English test approved by this institution’. On your website, a minimum of grade B in IGCSE/GCSE/GCE O Level English Language is listed as an acceptable English Language qualification, and there is no validity period listed for this qualification (unlike TOEFL/IELTS). Therefore, I fail to understand why it is listed as a condition of my offer because I already have a 94% in CIE O Level English Language from May/June 2010 session.

Thank you in advance

70. kai says:

Hi
    I have accepted the conditional offer for imperial college in March 21th
    but I haven’t got any invoice for deposit so far.
    i just wonder would you please check it for me.

thank you so much !

71. James Tilley says:

Hi Jenny,
    Please address all of your questions to the Natural Sciences Admissions team – ns.admissions@imperial.ac.uk
    The team will be able to answer all of your queries. Please remember to state your UCAS ID number in your correspondence.
    Best wishes

72. Jenny says:

Hello,
    I have a conditional offer to study chemistry as an undergraduate home student. I’m currently on a gap year and my offer is for Oct 2012 start date. Last year I applied to Imperial for the same course and gained an offer and after results day it became an unconditional offer. I declined the offer and reapplied this year and gained an offer again conditional on my A-levels that I’d already gained and completion of an Open university module. On my UCAS track it says “Original certificate(s) of previous A level(s) to be submitted to the College” and “Please provide evidence of completion of Open University Credits.” Doesn’t Imperial already have a record of my achieved A-levels from my application last year? Is there anyone I can enquire about just sending proof of completion of my Open university module and not my A-level certificates (because I am wary of losing them in the post)? If not, could you please tell me what address I send my certificates to, do I just leave a note with the certificates explaining who I am? Will they be sent back to me via a special delivery post? Once the evidence is received, will my offer on UCAS track change from ‘conditional’ to ‘unconditional’?

Thank you very much for your time,
    Jenny

73. James Tilley says:

Hi Tushar,
    You should be able to keep track of your application’s progress using Student e-Service – http://www.imperial.ac.uk/studenteservice
    If you are unable to do this, please email the Engineering Admissions team – engineering.admissions@imperial.ac.uk who will be able to provide you with an update. Please remember to state your CID number in your communication with the admissions team.
    Best wishes

74. Tushar Nath says:

Dear Sir,
    I have applied for Msc In transportation Engineering on 9th January 2012, Its been more than 10 weeks now and have not yet received a decision on my Application, can you please let me know who should I contact in order to clarify this, all my documents have been received by the Department of Civil Engineering. Does it take more than the usual time period of 6 to 8 weeks for a decision to be made for this particular course?
    Thanks & Regards
    Tushar Nath

75. James Tilley says:

Hi Jane,
    Apologies for the delay in responding to your post. Can you confirm whether or not your offer is for undergraduate or postgraduate study?
    Best wishes

76. James Tilley says:

Hi Aakash,
    It usually takes between six and eight weeks for a decision to be made on your application for postgraduate study at Imperial College London. Please be aware that at certain times of year, it may take slightly longer. Please keep looking at your Student e-Service account to track the progress of your application.
    Best wishes

77. Aakash Sood says:

Dear sir

I completed and submitted my application form for the Masters in management on the sixth of february and i am stll awaiting the result for my application….Can u please tell me as to how long would it take for the college to declare the final status of my application???

Thanking you
    yours sincerely
    Aakash Sood

78. Jane Ong says:

Hi Sir/Madam,

I have received a conditional offer from Imperial. I just wanted to check if there is a way to appeal to imperial if I am unable to meet the conditions that Imperial has set.

Regards,
    Jane

79. James Tilley says:

Hi Tushar,
    It can take up to 8 weeks from the date of submission for a decision to be made on your application. If you require any further information on the application process, please contact the Engineering Admissions team on engineering.admissions@imperial.ac.uk however please note that it is impossible to give an exact timeframe for any one course. You should monitor the progress of your application using Student e-Service.

The procedure for applying for a PhD can be found at http://wp.me/p10zIf-D

For information on Scholarships, you should read the Student Financial Support section of the Registry website, in particular the Postgraduate Scholarships section at http://www3.imperial.ac.uk/registry/studentfinancialsupport/pgscholarships
    If you require any further information on these Scholarships, please contact the team on scholarships@imperial.ac.uk

Best wishes

80. Tushar Nath says:

Dear Sir,

Hi! My name is Tushar Nath and I have a few questions for you. I hope you will kindly oblige.

1. I have applied to Imperial College London for MSc in Transportation Engineering (Course commencing in the Month of October’12) and all my documents have been received by the Department of Civil Engineering. Can you please let me know how long does the process of Shortlisting students for this particular course takes, being an International Applicant, I have to arrange for my Finances and also have to make arrangements for my Visa. I have applied for this course around 2nd Week of January’ 12.
    2. Sir, can you please let me know the procedure to apply for a PhD Degree after the completion of my Masters Programme.
    3. Can you also please tell me about the Scholarships provided by Imperial College, and on what basis are the students shortlisted for that, if its on merit basis whats the minimum cutoff one should have to be eligible for the scholarships provide by ICL.

Thanks & Regards
    Tushar Nath

81. James Tilley says:

Hi Yao Song
    The ‘Respond’ link should be active. Please try again. If the problem persists, please contact the Engineering Admissions Team on engineering.admissions@imperial.ac.uk and explain the issue. If Student e-Service will not allow you to respond to the offer, you can inform the admissions team as to whether you wish to accept or decline the offer.
    Best wishes

82. Yao Song says:

Dear professor,
    There is something wrong with my application in Student e-Service.

The “Respond” link is invalid so I cannot respond my conditional offer these days.

CID is : 00761718

Thanks a lot for your time! I will appreciate for your attention to this matter!

Best regards,
    Yao Song

83. Ramla says:

Dear Sir/Madam,

I intend to apply to your Post-graduate Taught programme in Structural Steel Design. Please note that currently I am a student of Civil Engineering at National University of Science & Technology – Islamabad, Pakistan; studying in my 7th semester. I have applied for IELTS, and my test date is January, 21st 2012.

What I would like to ask of you is to please enlighten me about when should I submit my application to your institute, seeing that neither my final transcript nor my IELTS results have come out yet. I would also like to know if I can apply for any scholarships in due course.

Best Regards,
    Ramla Qureshi.

84. James Tilley says:

Hi Omar,

A detailed FAQ which provides guidance on applying for a PhD at Imperial College can be found here
    Please note that the College has very clear English Language requirements for Postgraduate applicants
    Best wishes

85. James Tilley says:

Hi Elvin,
    The Natural Sciences Admissions team will be able to answer all your questions relating to your conditional offer to study in the Department of Chemistry. Please email them on ns.admissions@imperial.ac.uk and if possible, please state your UCAS ID number in the email you send them. This will enable the team to identify your application.
    Best wishes

86. omar sulaymani says:

Dear i am looking for conditional offer of PhD educational leadership admission, so i need that because i have government scholership,i have more than 12 years filed experiance and i have bachler with education deploma and i have master degree with GPA 4.55 out of 5.
    Could you plz find newrute phd or PhD with thisess and corcework. I need that conditional offer by english language i didn’t take eny english test before. My scholership contain one year coast for intesive english course or more.
    I’ll wait best regards

87. Elvin says:

Hi sir!
    I am an international applicant from Singapore and I recently got a conditonal offer from Imperial College London to do a Masters Degree in Chemistry.
    The conditions of this offer require me to obtain GCE A level qualifications, and original certificates of these qualifications are to be submitted to the College by 24 August 2012. In addition to this, proof of my English Language Qualification is to be submitted to the College by 25 July 2012.
    I have 2 questions with regard to meeting the conditions of this offer.
    1) Do I have to accept the offer via UCAS first before sending in the qualifications to meet the conditions? As the UCAS system works in such a way that applicants will not be able to reply to the offers till all the universities applied have replied, I am still unable to accept the offer given by Imperial as other universities have yet to reply. Hence, am I supposed to send in my qualifications first or do i send them in after accepting the offer?
    2) I understand that O level English can be used as proof of my English Language Qualification. However, do I have to send in the original certificate of my O level qualifications or is it fine for me to send in a verified true copy instead?
    Thanks and I look forward to receiving your reply soon!

88. James Tilley says:

Hi Saranyu
    Please direct your question to the Engineering Admissions team – engineering.admissions@imperial.ac.uk who will be able to answer your question.
    Best wishes

89. Saranyu says:

Dear sirs
    I would like to ask you about Petroleum engineering course .If i got an ielts score 6 , Can i take pre-sessional course instead of passed the requirement ? For passed conditional offer.

90. James Tilley says:

Hi Frederik
    You can obtain a statement of attendance, so long as you have registered in Student e-Service, by emailing the Student Records Team – records@imperial.ac.uk. They will either post this to you, or you can pick it up from us.
    Alternatively, you can come to the Student Hub in person and request one, which can be produced while you wait.
    The Student Hub is located on Level 3 of the Sherfield Building, South Kensington campus. The Hub is open from 9am until 6pm for the next 3 weeks, and then 9.30am until 5.30pm thereafter.
    Best wishes

91. Frederik says:

Dear Sirs,
    I am an EU student enrolled to start MSci in Physics on the first. Is there any chance that I can pick up a certificate of enrollment before then?
    Regards,
    Frederik

92. James Tilley says:

Hi Marco,
    All your questions regarding postgraduate admission into the Department of Physics can be answered by the Natural Sciences Admissions team. You can email them on ns.admissions@imperial.ac.uk or you can call them on +44(0)207 594 7260
    Best wishes

93. Marco says:

Hi!
    I’m an international students, and I’m going to apply for a postgraduate course in Physics. I’m from Italy.
    I’m wondering wether I have to submit contents of my undergrad courses translated into English.
    Moreover, I’d like to know iwetherI can, or have to, submit also my marks in Maths and Physics achieved in High School, and my mark in school-leaving certificate obtained in High School.
    Lastly , if I get my first undergraduate degree a month later of the supposed date, will it affect my chances to be admitted? Could it cause a withdrawal of a possibile conditional offer?
    Thank you very much

Regards
    Marci

94. James Tilley says:

Hi Josanne,
    The Medicine Admissions team will be able to advise you as to whether you need to provide a hard copy of the document at this stage of the application process. You can email them on medicine.ug.admissions@imperial.ac.uk or you can call them on +44(0)207 594 7259
    Best wishes

95. Josanne Lochan says:

Hi! I’m an international pre-graduate applicant to the four year medical course and I sent a softcopy of my updated transcript to medical admissions. Do I have to mail a hardcopy?

Many thanks,
    Josanne

96. James Tilley says:

Hi Alexandros,
    You will need to speak to the Natural Sciences Admissions team as a matter of urgency. Please remember to quote your CID in all correspondence.
    You can email the team on ns.admissions@imperial.ac.uk or call them on +44(0)207 594 7260
    Best wishes

97. Alexandros Katsambas says:

Hi, I’m a Cypriot student and I am holding a conditional offer for the MSc in Translation. I have some concerns about an outstanding item. At the beginning of my application, I sent to my department’s administrator a scanned copy of my IGCSE certificate. In my conditional offer I was asked the original certificate but it seems that I’ve lost it sometime between (I moved out of my appartment, I believe I must have dropped it somewhere, I keep seaching since then). Until today, I’ve done all the necessary procedures in order to get a new one. The university of Cambridge informed me on the 7th of September that in order to have again an original certificate, it could take up to 28 days. If you count the days, this means the procedure could go maximum until the 5th of October (only 6 days after the commencement of the course). Could the college make an exception of 5 days and give me some more time to make my suscription? I do not want to lose the course only for a matter of a few days.

98. James Tilley says:

Hi Gordon,
    The Admissions team will be able to answer your question. Email your query to admissions.enquiries@imperial.ac.uk and one of the team will be able to help you.
    Best wishes

99. Gordon says:

Dear teacher:
    Hello!
    I am a student who is now applying for Imperial College. I am sorry to trouble you but I have to ask a question.
    I have taken CIE’s Math, Physics and Chemistry examinations and Physics exam from Edexcel. Is there any ways that I can combine the results from two examinal system and use as my final result of A-level?
    Thanks!
    Best wishes
    Guo Jiyang

100. James Tilley says:

Hi Yangjiajun,
    You will need to contact the appropriate admissions team which is dealing with your application. Contact details of each admissions team can be found at – http://www.imperial.ac.uk/registry/abouttheregistry/contacts#admissions
    Best wishes

101. Yangjiajun Wu says:

Hi,
    I am a conditional offer holder and all the documents to meet the conditions have been received and approved. How long it will take for me to get an unconditional offer and a CAS number.

Many thanks

102. James Tilley says:

Hi Andrea,
    Your concerns would be best addressed to the Natural Sciences Admissions team – ns.admissions@imperial.ac.uk
    The admissions team will be able to advise you on satisfying the English language condition. If you would prefer to telephone them, please call +44(0)207 594 7260
    Best wishes

103. Andrea Sacconi says:

Hi,

my name is Andrea. I have received a conditional offer, with October 1st as starting date. I need to satisy English language requirement.

Since I took the TOEFL iBT test on June 17th, obtaining an overall score of 107/120 (7 points more than required) but unfortunately only 23/30 in Speaking (only 1 point less than required!), I asked for rescoring my exam, but speaking scores have remained unchanged. So I need to take another test.

I would like to ask you additional information about my situation. I’ve booked another test next week, and I hope to pass it in order to satisfy English language requirements.
    But, Heaven forbid, if I couldn’t satisfy English requirements within September (since October is my date of commencement), what would happen to me?
    Would I be asked to postpone my starting date, or, even worse, I’d be asked to decline the offer previously given?

Please, this information is crucial to organize properly next two months.
    I’d really appreciate your help.

Kind regards,

Andrea Sacconi

104. James Tilley says:

Hi Fernando,
    You should speak to the Natural Sciences Admissios team directly – ns.admissions@imperial.ac.uk and remember to quote your CID in all correspondence.
    Best wishes

105. Fernando says:

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am a 2011 Italian applicant in Mathematics.

A few days ago I sent my diploma certificate to the registry and the Italian mail service confirmed to me that they delivered it. I attached a note with my UCAS ID, my CID and I wrote “Natural Sciences Admissions Team” on the envelope.

I was wondering how much time could it take to the registry to confirm my application.

Kind Regards

106. James Tilley says:

Hi Mike,
    You will need to discuss this with the appropriate admissions team. Contact details can be found at http://www.imperial.ac.uk/registry/abouttheregistry/contacts#admissions
    Best wishes

107. Mike says:

Dear Sir/Madame,

After receiving my IB grades I was disappointed to notice that I have missed my conditional offer from Imperial. Will I still be considered for a place or do I have to contact the admission team about special circumstances? If I am automatically considered, when do you send out the confirmations?

Kind regards

108. James Tilley says:

Hi Att,
    There is no such ‘appeal’ process if you do not meet the conditions of your offer. You are advised to speak to the appropriate admissions team, contact details of which can be found at http://www.imperial.ac.uk/registry/abouttheregistry/contacts#admissions
    Best wishes

109. Att says:

Hi,

I have just received my IB results and have failed to just meet 1 of the components of my offer. Is it possible for me to appeal?
    Thanks

110. James Tilley says:

Hi Andre,
    Information on direct entry into the second year of an undergraduate programme can be found at http://wwwf.imperial.ac.uk/blog/registryfaq/2010/08/25/transferingapplying-for-direct-entry-to-the-2nd-year-of-an-undergraduate-course-at-imperial/
    You should note that no all Departments accept transfer studemts.
    For further information, you can contact the Engineering Admissions team – engineering.admissions@imperial.ac.uk, who will be able to advise you on the entry requirements and the possibility of transferring into the Department of Chemical Engineering and Chemical Technology.
    Best wishes

111. Andre says:

Hi,
    I am an international student currently pursuing my degree in chemical engineering in Monash University, Clayton, Australia. I was thinking of doing a credit transfer during my second year to Imperial College London, may I know what are the entry requirement to be met in order to ensure that my application to secure a place in the university is successful?

112. James Tilley says:

Hi David,
    Please direct your questions to the Engineering Admissions team – engineering.admissions@imperial.ac.uk who will be able to answer your questions. Please remember to state your CID in your email to them
    Best wishes

113. David says:

Hi,

I am an international student who has a place in Mechanical engineering.

I received an email that had this sentence’ Congratulations on your conditional offer of admission to Imperial College London.’

Why is it still conditional? I have already sent certified true copies of my A level certs, and the Imperial College engineering team has acknowledged they have received it. It should be unconditional as I have met the conditions.

Also, I cannot seem to find the option in the E service to choose’ I need a visa to study in UK’ under the visa section. All i see is a section to upload any UK visa / ID card, when I dont have any.

Thank you.

114. David says:

Hi,

I am currently having a quick look at this FAQ before sending through an application. I am a bit confused about this English Language requirement. I am living outside the UK and my first language IS English together with the local language. I also posses a first degree from UK, which obviously was written and assessed in English in UK. The requirements page says that those in possession of a UK degree should ignore this. How should I go about this? Should I leave the entry empty? And leaving it empty will jeopardize my application or put me in a disadvantage?

Regards,

D

115. James Tilley says:

Hi Dike,
    Once you have satisfied the conditions of your offer, you will receive an email from admissions notifying you that you have done so. If you feel you have met all the conditions but have not heard anything after two or three weeks, you should contact the appropriate admissions team directly – http://www.imperial.ac.uk/registry/abouttheregistry/contacts#admissions to ask for a status update

116. Dike says:

Hello,
    Please how long does it take to change an offer from conditional to unconditional after satisfying all the conditions of admission? I need an offer letter urgently as I need it to start-off processing leave of absence from my company which takes about 3-months to go through.
    Regards.

117. James Tilley says:

Hi Armando,
    You will need to speak to the Natural Sciences Admissions team – ns.admissions@imperial.ac.uk who will be able to advise you regading your English language requirements
    Best wishes

118. James Tilley says:

Hi Pam,
    You can email the admissions team and they will be able to verify the score online.
    Best wishes

119. Armando Pedrero says:

Dear Mr James,

I’m a conditional offer holder for 2011 entry for MRes in Integrated Crop Pest and Disease Management, one of the conditions is to confirmation of my English language competency, I got 6.0 on IELTS, I want to take the Pre-Sessional Course instead of taking the test again because I’m busy now, but I’d like to know if my place can be confirmed if I do this. I need a unconditional offer letter to apply for a scholarchip in my country, but if I take the pre-sessional course I’ll meet this condition just before the start of the MRes.

Best regardss

120. Pam says:

Hi,
    I’ve got a conditional offer for an Msc course.
    For IELTS I have to “Pass English test (see notes) and send original test score”
    I’ve already passed the requirement.
    Can I just email the admissions team and let them verify the score online, along with the scanned result?
    Or I must to send the original score via mail? If so, can I send it myself, or must it be sent via IDP/British Council?
    Regards,

121. Pam says:

Hi,
    I’ve already passed the requirement.
    Regards,

122. James Tilley says:

Hi Haizu,
    You should speak to the Engineering Admissions team – engineering.admissions@imperial.ac.uk who will be able to advise you regarding the submission of your original certificates and the timeframes involved. Please remember to state your UCAS ID in your email.
    Best wishes

123. Haizu says:

Dear Mr James,

I have received a conditional offer for Civil Engineering course, and I was asked to submit the original certificate of previous A level.

I have already received a certificate for A level I sat in 2010 but I will be sitting for another two subjects in the upcoming May/June 2011 examination. Should I wait for my second A level certificate before sending it to the admission team?

124. James Tilley says:

Hi Alex,
    1) You have 28 days to respond to an offer, from the date the offer was made.
    2) for an explanation of any financial obligations, please email the Medicine Admissions team – medicine.pg.admissions@imperial.ac.uk who will be able to explain the process to you.
    Best wishes

125. Alex says:

Dear James,
    I’ve got a conditional offer for Molecular Medicine.
    1) How long do I have to reply?
    2) Do I have any financial obligations if I accept but cannot/ do not wish to fill the place?

Many thanks
    Alex

126. James Tilley says:

Hi Abishek,
    If you are holding a conditional offer for 2011 entry and you wish to defer this for 2012 entry then the course organiser or department will need to agree your request. Please contact the course organiser directly to request this. If you do not have their contact details then check the Postgraduate Prospectus
    Any further enquiries can be sent to the Engineering Admissions team – engineering.admissions@imperial.ac.uk who will be able to advise you further.

Best wishes

127. James Tilley says:

Hi Janet,
    You will not need to pay for the mailback service. Simply put a note in wth the IELTS certificate that you would like it sent back to you as soon as possible.
    It is difficult to say how long it will take, especially as there is an Easter holiday in the UK to consider. It can take a few weeks for documents to be received and approved by Registry.
    If you intent to study at Imperial, you should accept the conditional offer now. You have 28 days to accept the offer from the date the offer was made to you.
    For any further enquiries on your conditional offer, you should email the Engineering Admissions team – engineering.admissions@imperial.ac.uk who will be able to help you further.
    Best wishes

128. Abhishek Aiyer says:

Hi,

I applied for aeronautical engineering and have received a conditional offer. I am currently studying in grade 12, and am graduating this May. However, being a Singapore Permanent Resident, I have to serve 2 years in the army before i can go to university. If i meet the conditions of the offer, would Imperial College London hold my place for 2 years, i.e. for the class of 2013?

129. Janet says:

Dear James,

I am a conditional offer holder from MSc in engineering, entry 2011 and am determined to study at IC.
    Here are the questions I would like to ask:

1) I want to send my IELTS result and get it back from the registry. Do I have to pay for the mailback service?

2) How long would it take once the registry receive my documents and send back to me? (i live in Hong Kong)

3) I have not yet finished my degree so far and a full academic transcript would be available after this semester’s exam (I think I can get it in June). Should I “accept the conditional offer” before I send the supporting documents? Is there any deadline for acceptance of conditional offer?

Thanks a lot!

JY

130. James Tilley says:

Hi Prathyusa,
    The automated response you received is generated in response to every email which the Engineering Admissions team receives, and is for information only. The team will have received your IELTS score and will process in due course.
    If you are concerned about anything, you can email them again or you can call them on +44(0)207 594 7243
    Best wishes

131. Prathyusha says:

Hi,

I applied for M.Sc Comm. & Signal Processing without IELTS score on 13th March. Few days ago, I sent my IELTS test report form scanned copy to engineering.admissions@imperial.ac.uk (mentioned CID number as well as my application details). I got a generic mail as a reply which redirects to Registry URL. They dint mention anything about forwarding the score to concerned department. And, in the subject its mentioned as “Out of Office” . Where and how should I update my IELTS score? And, how long it takes to the university to declare the results (Seat offered or rejected)?

132. James Tilley says:

Hi Erik,
    As before, you should address all such enquiries to the Natural Sciences Admissions team – ns.admissions@imperial.ac.uk who will be able to advise you.
    Best wishes

133. Erick Ramos says:

I just accepted a Conditional offer for a Systems and Synthetic Biology but I have so many enquiries.About the ATAS certificate, one of the many requirements is to provide the official letter from ICL, how do I get this one if I still hold a conditional offer?.

134. James Tilley says:

Hi Abhinav,
    You will need to speak to the Engineering Admissions team – engineering.admissions@imperial.ac.uk who will speak to the Department in question to see if they would be prepared to consider you for another course.
    Please remember to state your CID in all correspondence with the admissions team.
    Best wishes

135. James Tilley says:

Hi S,
    You will need to speak to the appropriate admissions team who will contact the Department in question to see if they would be prepared to consider you for another course.
    You can find the contact details of the admissions teams at http://www3.imperial.ac.uk/registry/abouttheregistry/contacts#admissions
    Please remember to state your CID in all correspondence.
    Best wishes

136. Abhinav Ramakrishnan says:

Dear Sirs,

I received a conditional offer from Imperial College for a Master’s in Material Science (4 years). Is it possible to change my course option to a Master’s in Physics with Theoretical Physics If I get the required entrance grades.

Thank you.

137. S says:

I hold an undergraduate conditional offer for entry 2011. Is there anyway that I can change my course before enrollment.

138. James Tilley says:

Hi Erick,
    Please direct your enquiry to the Natural Sciences Admissions team – ns.admissions@imperial.ac.uk who will be able to advise you regarding the specific English requirements of the Department.
    Best wishes

139. Erick Ramos says:

Hi,

I have applied for a MRes in Systems and Synthetic Biology two weeks ago. I’d like to know How long it takes to recive an offer. I’m also worried because I got 6.0 on IELTS test and I’m not sure about the minimum requirements for this course, so I was thinkig about taking the Pre-Sessional Course but I don’t know if that is possible.

Thank you.

140. James Tilley says:

Hi Avinash,
    Please direct your enquiry to the appropriate admissions team who will be able to discuss the conditions of your offer and the process which you must follow if you wish to accept the offer.
    You can find the email address of the appropriate admissions team – http://www3.imperial.ac.uk/registry/abouttheregistry/contacts#admissions
    Best wishes

141. Avinash says:

Hi

I have received a conditional offer.

I would kindly like to know if I have to pay any percentage of fees , after I accept the offer?..Is it possible to defer this payment ?

Thank you

142. James Tilley says:

Hi Aktan,
    If you wish to discuss the Enlish language requirements for any course within the Faculty of Engineering, you must once again speak with the Admissions team, as they deal with all matters relating to the conditions of any offer.
    Best wishes

143. Aktan Akkaya says:

Hi!

I contacted with engineering.admissions@imperial.ac.uk and asked about Pre-Sessional Course for the Department of Civil Engineering MSc programmes.You said before that civil engineering department will not accept any pre~sessional course. However; they said that it is not Civi Engineering, it is Chemical Engineering.

Thank you;
    Regards;

144. James Tilley says:

Dear Pietro,
    Please email the Medicine Admissions team – medicine.ug.admissions@imperial.ac.uk who will be able to answer your questions.
    Please remember to state your CID or UCAS ID in all correspondence so that the Admissions team can identify your application.
    Best wishes

145. Pietro Vassallo says:

Dear Admissions,
    I’ve received an offer to study Medicine, entry 2011.
    I’m Italian, and I would like to know what documents I need to send Imperial my CRB clearance, since I’ve never lived in the UK, and whether these have to be legally translated or not?
    Regards,
    P.V.

146. James Tilley says:

Dear Constantinos,
    Please direct your enquiry to the Admissions team to which you sent the document. You will find the admissions team contact details on our website – http://www3.imperial.ac.uk/registry/abouttheregistry/contacts#admissions

Best wishes

147. James Tilley says:

Hi Aktan,
    If you wish specifically to discuss the conditions of your conditional offer, you should contact the admissions team – engineering.admissions@imperial.ac.uk
    You should note however, that if you fail to meet the minimum English Language requirements, you will not be able to begin your studies at Imperial.
    Best wishes

148. Aktan Akkaya says:

Hi!
    I received an offer for Soil Mechanisc Msc. I took an IELTS test one month ago and my score is 6.I am really busy for my university subject and thesis and I think that nowadays I can not prepare for IELTS because have no time. Because of this situation I want attend pre~sessional course. However, in your answers it is written that civil engineering department will not accept any pre~sessional course. If I can not take 6.5 score and attend pre~sessional course what will happen?

Best Regards,
    Aktan

149. James Tilley says:

Hi Neelesh,
    All admissions enquiries regarding Imperial College Business School courses should be directed to the Admissions team – business.registry@imperial.ac.uk who will be able to advise you.
    Best wishes

150. neelesh says:

Hi,

I have applied for Sep-2011 batch for MSc in Finance (taught). Am I too late for the same? I mean to ask whether any vacant seats are still available for this course.

151. Winston says:

Medicine. I emailed the admissions team for medicine a week or more ago but there was no reply. As I’m an overseas student, I’m not sure how to attain it. Will I get it along with an official letter by post?

152. James Tilley says:

Hi Winston,
    Which course have you been given a conditional offer for?

153. Winston says:

Hi,

I would just like to check where I can get the CRB application form needed to fulfill the conditions stated out in my offer. Thanks!

154. James Tilley says:

Hi Vanilla Shi,

Please contact the Natural Sciences Admissions team – ns.admissions@imperial.ac.uk who will be able to advise you regarding the specific conditions of your offer.

Best wishes

155. Vanilla Shi says:

Hello,
    I have received a conditional offer of Plant Biology from the Life Science Department, the offer says that the language requirement to me is “a pass in IELTS test with an overall band score of not less than 7.0, to include 7.0 in all”, but from your official website (http://www3.imperial.ac.uk/ugprospectus/facultiesanddepartments/lifesciences/entryrequirements) it is said that a Grade B or above in IGCSE English is equivalent. I have already got a B for IGCSE English, could you tell me that whether this will satisfy the condition?

Thank you.

156. James Tilley says:

Hi Prathyusha,
    Applications are still open for MSc Communication and Signal Processing. You are advised to apply as soon as you can. Most postgraduate courses do not have a published formal closing date, but you should be aware that popular courses close as they become full.
    You can apply without your IELTS score. Once you have the score, you can email the score to the Engineering Admissions team – engineering.admissions@imperial.ac.uk
    Best wishes

157. Prathyusha says:

Hi
    I want to apply for M.Sc Communication and Signal Processing for Sep-Oct 2011. I am taking IELTS on March 19th. I can expect my test result in the 1st week of April. I cant find any particular last date for application process in your website. I want to know whether its too late to apply. Or in case, if I can still give a try about my admission in Imperial, which one is a safer option, applying now without IELTS score or applying with IELTS score in April ?

158. James Tilley says:

Hi Constiantin,
    Once you have met all the conditions of your offer, you will be invoiced for a 10% pre-payment of the tuition fees. This payment is non-refundable. You should only accept the offer with the intention of beginning your studies in October.
    It is, in some cases, possible to delay the start of your course for a short time if persoanl circumstances prevent you from starting the course at the beginning of October. Advice on this should be sought from the appropriate admissions team – http://www3.imperial.ac.uk/registry/abouttheregistry/contacts#admissions
    Registry

159. Constiantin says:

Hi
    I have applied for a Master programme and I received a conditional offer. I just want to ask what can happen if a accept this offer and of personal reasons I can’t start the programme on 1st of October?

Regards,
    Constiantin

160. James Tilley says:

Hi,

Please direct your question to the Medicine Admissions team – medicine.ug.admissions@imperial.ac.uk who will be able to advise you.

Best wishes

161. Mehmet says:

Hello,

I have applied to Medicine (A100) as an international student and have recently received a conditional offer that caused a bit of confusion. The offer letter has left blank the conditions I am supposed to fulfill (there are several blank lines after “The conditions of the offer are:”) and only “Please send verification of qualifications to institution” seems to be a condition sentence in the letter. However I am not sure which qualifications I am supposed to verify or how. I am not sure what my conditions are, or if there are any academic conditions at all as well.

And as a second question, since I am an international student, what am I supposed to fill out as CRB documentation? Am I supposed to find a suitable/equal documentation from my country of origin or fill out the original CRB documentation?

Thank you very much.

162. James Tilley says:

Hi Stefan,
    You should only accept the offer if you intend to study at Imperial.
    Please contact the appropriate admissions team to discuss your individual situation further. There maybe some flexibility in the deadline for you responding to the offer, however this is not guaranteed.
    The admissions teams details can be found at – http://www3.imperial.ac.uk/registry/abouttheregistry/contacts#admissions
    Best wishes

163. James Tilley says:

Hi Megan,
    Please speak to the Imperial College Business School admissions team – business.registry@imperia.ac.uk who will be able to advise you.
    Best wishes

164. Megan says:

Hi, I received a conditional offer from Imperial business school.Shall I pay a deposit if I accept the offer? If I don’t meet the offer, is the deposit refunded if the deposit is asked?

165. James Tilley says:

Hi Javeria,
    When you send your original transcript to the admissions team in order to satisfy the academic condition of your offer, you should enclose a note asking the admissions team to return the document to you as soon as they can. They will then mail it back to you.
    Best wishes

166. Stefan Klewenhagen says:

Hi,

when I accept the conditional offer, is it possible to cancel my application later without paying anything? I have applied to other universities, too, and first want to await the decisions before I decide where to study.

167. Javeria Khan says:

Hi,
    I applied for a Masters course. My conditional offer asks for the original university transcript. I need this original document to apply for a visa later on. Will this document be returned to me with the formal offer so I can use it for the visa?
    I can request another transcript copy from my university, it would be original but have ‘Duplicate’ written on it. Can I send that in (it would still be original)?
    Regards,
    Javeria

168. James Tilley says:

Hi Haider,
    Imperial College London does not offer a Master’s degree in Echocardiography.

A list of postgraduate taught programmes can be found at – http://www3.imperial.ac.uk/pgprospectus/whatcanyoustudy

Registry

169. haider zamil says:

hi iam adoctor ,want to study master degree of Echocardiography ask about time of admission,requirments&how to apply thanks

170. James Tilley says:

Hi Hamizah,

When you send the original certificate, please enclose a note requesting that the admissions team send the document back to you, and they will do so.

Best wishes

Registry

171. Hamizah says:

Hi,
    With regards to the original copy of our certificates, will it be mailed back to us?

172. James Tilley says:

Hi Constantinos and thanks for your post.
    As your questions are concerned with admission and a conditional offer, it would be helpful for you to direct your questions to the appropriate admissions team who will be able to respond directly to you.
    Please email your questions to the relevant team, details of which can be found at – http://www.imperial.ac.uk/registry/abouttheregistry/contacts#admissions

173. Constantinos Sophocleous says:

Hi
    I am an EU applicant from Cyprus,and i have two questions

1)As to satisfy the conditions for a conditional offer, do i need to send the original degree certificate/english language exan certification by mail or can i send a hard copy?Above it states on “questions about your conditional offer” that i have to send the original document,while on “sending documents to meet the conditions of an offer” it says i must send a hard copy.Which of the two applies?My conditions state

About the university degree

“Original evidence of official degree award level…to be confirmed by the original University transcript…”

About the English Language qualification

“Original certificate must be seen.”

2)I live/will graduate from Cyprus/University of Cyprus,but my conditional offer says the translation must be attested by the Greek Foreign Ministry or the British Council of Thessaloniki(which are in another country,Greece).Can i go to British Council in Nicosia(in Cyprus)?

Regards
    Constantinos

174. James Tilley says:

Hi Shane,

If the condition of your offer requires you to send the original document, then you must do so. We cannot accept photocopies as proof of qualifications. You can send the document via courier or recorded delivery to ensure that it reaches us. If you have any further questions, please direct them to the appropriate admissions team – http://www3.imperial.ac.uk/registry/abouttheregistry/contacts#admissions

Registry

175. Shane says:

Hi
    As an international applicant from overseas, I am not too sure about sending my original A levels certificates over.
    There is an inherent risk of it being undelivered and should that happen, I will not have my original qualification certificates anymore. Can I propose sending over a photocopy of it bearing a certified true copy stamp from my previous school?
    Regards
    Shane

176. James Tilley says:

Zhang,

You are able to submit your application without having obtained the IELTS qualification at this point. You should enter the date on which you expect to take the test. This will enable you to submit your application online. If your applications is successful, any offer of admission made to you will be conditional upon you providing, in due course, proof that you have met the English Language requirements.

Applying without your IELTS result will not disadvantage you in any way in terms of financial support that may be available to you.

Best wishes

Registry

177. Zhang Tuo says:

Dear sir or madam:

I have one query about the admissions process about apply Ph.D position that is my IELTS test result.

I will take part in IELTS test on Dec 11th,so I can get my IELTS test result 10 days later then that day on Dec 21th,I afraid that it could effects my applicaion and may take any disadvantages on financial support available from Imperial College .

I believe that there would be a good fit between my research and one professor,who has alreadly agree to accept my application.He ask me make apply a conditional offer from registry office so I am very thank you and touched by the warmth of your assist to agree my supply .

Now,I could not submit my application successful on line which has delay my apply more than one week yet because the item of English Language Qualification is blank therefore it stop me with this require to submit my application.

I really hope you could give me a assistance.

Best wishes,

Zhang Tuo