The system will accept the following document formats ending PDF, DOC, TXT, RTF, DOCX (i.e. all Microsoft products).
In order to apply for a vacancy and register for the first time please follow the steps below:
- Access the College’s Employment website
- Click on the “Job Search” link on the right hand side of the page
- Search for a vacancy using any of the search criteria and click on the “Search” button
- Click on the link in the vacancy reference column – this should open up the advert
- Click on the application form link in the “How to Apply” section of the advert then complete and save your application form on your computer
- Click on the “Apply Now” button at the top/bottom of the page – this opens up a “Login” page
- Click on the “Register today” link and register using an email address and a password of your choice
- An email will be sent to the email address you used with a link that enables your online account to be activated. You may need to check this email has not been ended up in your junk/spam email. To activate your online account, click on the link contained within the email
- You will then be returned to the first page of the online application form
- You will need to complete the application pages (1-4), ensuring that you answer all the questions within the system and upload your application form on page 2
- We will acknowledge receipt of your application immediately by email. You can also revisit the site to obtain an update on your application
- If you are shortlisted or invited for interview you will also receive an email notification from us
- All of your details (with the exception of your application documents) will be stored automatically and retrieved each time you apply for a vacancy at Imperial College. You will be able to edit your pre-registered information when you apply for future specific vacancies
- Your details will remain in our online system for a period of six months. At the end of the six-month period, you will receive an email informing you that your account will be closed unless you renew your registration.
In order to access the system the following minimum system requirements are required:
1) Internet Explorer 5.5 or higher
2) Pop-up blockers turned off
3) Check if your virus protection is blocking access to the site. If so then allow temporary access
Yes, your completed application must be submitted by midnight (GMT/BST) on the closing date unless otherwise specified in the advertisement.
Vacancies are no longer visible on the website after the closing date has passed. It is at the discretion of the department or division whether or not they accept late applications. You would therefore need to contact the Recruitment Administrator for the vacancy, whose details should be provided in the How to Apply section of the advert.
The College’s directory will enable you to find contact details for Recruitment Administrators.