Quick Update

It’s Easter already! It seems like only a couple of weeks ago that I was writing my masters applications, but alas this year is coming to an end.

I’d like start this post by saying how happy I am about the numbers of people that read this blog. I have been inundated with emails and Facebook messages asking about the course, applications, careers, etc.. Please keep them coming!

This term I took three modules – Venture Capital, Advanced Financial Econometrics (AFE) and Asset Pricing and Derivatives (APD). The APD and AFE exams were challenging but manageable. Fortunately, there were no big surprises. For anyone taking the VC module I would recommend choosing a company early in the term and to aim to get the project completed before the spring exams. Our project was a bit of a mad rush towards the end but thankfully we managed to create an impressive piece of work before the final deadline. In an ideal world I would have preferred not to do 24-hour sessions in the library…

My modules for next term are Private Equity, Cases in Finance and Investments and Mergers and Acquisitions. My biggest worry though is the Applied Financial Research Project. The scale of the project is not to be underestimated. I anticipate next term to be incredibly time pressured as I am also taking the CFA Level I exam in June. This is something that I believe anyone studying the MSc Finance Course should aim to complete as our course has covered the majority of the material.

Term starts in just over a week so I’m trying to get through as much of the CFA notes that I can before lectures resume.