I spoke at a joint training day for primary care and public health registrars in London on the topic of Public Health and Primary Care in England: What does the future look like?
The key points from my presentation were:
- Some new NHS investment – but investment is very low by historical standards
- Will the new models of healthcare delivery deliver the £22 billion efficiency savings the Treasury expects?
- What impact will contractual changes have? Junior doctors, consultants, GPs, public health consultants
- Can primary care attract and retain enough doctors?
- What impact will cuts in public health budgets have on health improvement programmes and on careers in the specialty?
My presentation can be viewed on Slideshare.