The following information explains how to submit payment forms for casual workers either electronically or by hard copy.
In order to submit forms by email:-
- You should download a copy of the relevant casual form onto your own computer (or H drive), complete it on screen, and then submit it to the Payroll Office as an email attachment.
- In order to collect information which is needed on the form (for example the casual worker’s personal details) you may forward the form to others at the preliminary stage, and without going through the digital authentication process, providing the final submission to Payroll Office complies with the procedures described below.
- In all instances the Joining form requires supporting documentary evidence of the person’s eligibility to work in the UK, this includes UK/EU students. Original signed photocopies of the eligibility to work in the UK document must be retained on departmental files for inspection by the UK Border Agency should they wish to check these. Scanned copies should be submitted with the Joining form if you opt for electronic submission of this form (please see section 3 below).
- Electronic submissions will be accepted only from those who have been authorised by their faculty/department for this purpose. A list of those currently authorised can be found here: https://workspace.imperial.ac.uk/finance/Internal/payroll/bursary-temppay_approvers.pdf
- In order to ensure that electronic payment requests are genuine and secure, they must be digitally authenticated and encrypted at the final stage of submission, using the “public key infrastructure”. If you are unfamiliar with this procedure, please follow the instructions below:-
To set up your own digital signature please follow the steps detailed on the ICT “Public Key Infrastructure email” web page in the following order:
a) Obtain your certificate
- b) Back up your private key
- c) Use your certificate to send secure email
- d) Please note that digital signatures can also be installed on your homecomputer by following the steps detailed on the following ICT “Public Key Infrastructure” web page
6. You must send the form to the following dedicated e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org
7. If you submit a casual payment form by email, please do not also submit a paper copy. This could result in the payment being duplicated.
Hard copy submission
The revised Casual Worker Joining and Payment forms when submitted as a hardcopy must be signed and stamped with a tri-colour stamp prior to submission to the payroll office.
In all instances the Joining form requires supporting documentary evidence of the person’s eligibility to work in the UK, this includes UK/EU students. Original signed photocopies of the eligibility to work in the UK document must be retained on departmental files for inspection by the UK Border Agency should they wish to wish to check these. A photocopy should be submitted with the Joining form.