We received over 700 responses to the Faculty Communications survey – thank you to all of those that responded! Your contribution is very much appreciated.
The data from the survey is being analysed – we will be working to identify some key activities to improve communication across the Faculty and in particular improve communication across the campuses which appeared to be a concern for a lot of those that responded. It also appears that information flows across all areas in the Faculty aren’t ideal at present so again, we will be looking at what could be done to improve this.
We’ll be providing a summary of the results in the coming weeks.
Here are a few links to information which appeared to be a common bug-bear amongst a number of people that completed the survey:
- Working remotely/working from home
- Instant messaging service – Microsoft Lync
- Useful for instant messaging but also for instantly seeing a colleague’s availability, initiate a video chat (hardware dependent) and for instant collaboration.
- Accessing your H: drive and Sharepoint folders from a mobile device
- Issues of using Dropbox to store your files
- H:drive quota
- Staff 8 Gbytes
- Research and Taught PGs 8 Gbytes
- UG students 4 Gbyte
- Request an increase (charges may apply)
- Shared servers (HPC http://www3.imperial.ac.uk/ict/services/computerroom)
- For shared document storage space, contact the service desk
- Collaborative solutions
- Sending large files
- RSS – what is it?
- Stands for Really Simple Syndication – details http://www3.imperial.ac.uk/aboutthissite/rss