The Faculty of Medicine’s Postgraduate Education Team has expanded over the last year and our remit has evolved.
Given this, we decided to take some time towards the end of last academic year to reflect on and agree our priorities and identify effective ways to deliver them. In so doing, we agreed a vision statement that we wanted to share with you at the start of our new academic year.
Our priorities for this academic year include the implementation of the curriculum review and a range of strategic activities including the introduction of a Faculty-wide shared project call and the development of an agreed mechanism to recognise the value of teaching. These, and all other projects, as well as the way we work, fall within our vision:
To maintain an outstanding learning experience for our students, through collaboration with FoM PG Medicine educators. To bring this about, we are committed to creating and sustaining an environment in which PG Medicine colleagues can develop their own tools and initiatives. Working together, our goal is to make student learning interactive, engaging and digitally enhanced.
To achieve our vision, the team:
- facilitates and coordinates the efforts of teachers and support staff to create high-calibre learning experiences for students;
- uses evidence as the foundation of the support we provide;
- collaborates with all FoM PG colleagues in practical and pragmatic ways, with a focus on dialogue, solutions and staff fulfilment;
- ensures that our support is accessible and adaptable
- promotes innovation and efficiency as a means to transforming educational practice;
- encourages initiative and reflection among the FoM PG community;
- adopts a strategic approach to supporting the FoM PG teaching community.
The team comprises:
|Sophie Rutschmann||Academic Lead for Postgraduate Taught Programmes|
|Jeffrey Vernon||Principal Teaching Fellow, Postgraduate Medicine|
|Dallas Alexandrou||Project Manager: Attributes and Aspirations (AA) Short Course
Operations Manager: PG Education
|Ania Jones||Teaching Fellow, PG Medicine|
|Latha Ramakrishnan||Teaching Fellow, PG Medicine|
|Katie Stripe||Senior Learning Designer: Attributes and Aspirations (AA) Short course|
|Nousheen Tariq||Postgraduate Education Manager|
|Gemma Williamson||Postgraduate Education Officer|
|Meg Carter||Summer School Administrator|