The College no longer subscribes to Research Professional and has moved to a new provider for research funding information, called Idox GRANTfinder 4 Education, offering a searchable database of funding opportunities and the option to subscribe to alerts.
GRANTfinder 4 Education allows academic institutions in the UK to service all their funding search requirements in one place: GRANTfinder for wider projects such as capital investment and spin-offs, RESEARCHconnect for research projects and POLICYfinder to keep track of relevant policy to support funding applications. This resource offers the ability to search for up-to-date funding opportunities and share information across defined groups and the wider communities at Imperial College and to deliver these in a cost-effective manner.
How to use GRANTfinder 4 Education
There will be a training session will be on 12 December. Antony McKay from Idox will deliver the training and there will be 3 sessions, all in room SKEM 315. Registration is via Eventbrite. The second session of the day will be tailored for research managers and the other two sessions are open to all College staff. Please register for the session you would like to attend. If you are unable to attend these sessions there will be more scheduled for the early part of 2019.
Training sessions on 12 December
- Session 1: 10.30-12.00, open to all staff
- Session 2:12.30-14.00, session for research managers
- Session 3: 14.30-16.00, open to all staff
The training sessions will allow you to find out more about the GRANTfinder 4 Education product suite. The sessions will include:
- Homepage navigation and personalisation based on your research discipline and interests.
- News content, news alerts and bulletins – getting the right funding and policy news to your inbox.
- Searching for funding in RESEARCHconnect, creating and sharing a report and creating a portfolio.
- Creating a saved search and email alerts for you, colleagues or a workgroup.
- Using and searching POLICYfinder to support your role and interests.
- Creating workgroups and bespoke bulletins (research manager session).
The last 30 minutes of each session will be a chance for you to get hands on support (optional, please bring your smartphone/tablet/laptop).