Calling all Engineers!!
On the 20th July 2015, we will be running a BRAND NEW course – Second Order Analysis & Design of Steel Structures. The director, Professor Leroy Gardner (Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering) described the course as “presenting a comprehensive treatment of the second order analysis and design of steel structures”.
Course participants will be provided with an overview of the provisions of Eurocode 3, an explanation of the various types of structural analysis and conventional design to Eurocode 3 will be covered. Emphasis will then be placed on advanced analysis and design techniques including the treatment of frame and member imperfections, second order P-∆ and P-δ effects and the interpretation of analysis results.
The following topics will be covered:
- Introduction to structural design to the Eurocodes
- Load combinations
- Conventional design of structural steel elements
- Structural analysis techniques
- Eigenvalue analysis and modelling of imperfections
- Second order P-∆ and P-δ effects
- Nonlinear analysis and design of steel structures
- Practical worked examples
- Practical design exercises
The course will take place at our South Kensington Campus and the fee is £295 or £80 for students.