So much to catch up on this blog, where to to begin, probably where I left off, week of 18th Sept.
When I didn’t think there could be more variety, lo and behold, there it was. After starting off the week continuing some policy work on the EU and some more video project work, I helped supervise a teacher training event the RAS was holding as part of ESERO’s “Misson X” programme. Learning about the Education & Outreach side to the society was really interesting.
I also attended a filming for a new episode of Objectivity, a youtube series focussed on antique objects, whilst also doing some behind the scenes research for it.
Also in my last week, I started rounding up some of the longer projects I had been working on.
- Monday was recording the videocast project I had been working on for the library and also editing the video.
- Tuesday I handed off the EU policy work that I had been working on the entire time, (which apparently might be handed around the organisation as an information booklet)
- Tuesday and Wednesday, we’ve had the Prince’s Trust here performing a filming project, which I have been assisting in multiple ways such a
- Researching various instruments such as Sutton Quadrants and Nocturnals to able to explain how they operated
- Being interviewed on physics and astronomy, answering questions given by the public on what it would be like to visit various bodies
I’ve massively enjoyed working at the Royal Astronomical Society and would recommend working there or just visiting generally. A huge thanks to everyone there for hosting my placement.
Don’t forget: SPACE IS AWESOME