CABI – Week 3

Well week 3 went by fast! Some of the highlights from the week:

• Presented to some interested CABI staff the preliminary results from our coffee risk modelling endeavours and discussed how to use stochastic methods in Excel.
  • A conference call to a colleague in Germany at HRNS to check in and plan the next steps for where to focus effort
  • Said goodbye to my office mate who is off to Vanautu to teach a farming training course with cocoa producers. 
  • Said goodbye to my supervisor for the week as he was off to Germany and then Colombia for coffee meetings.

People do such an interesting variety of work at CABI and I’ve really enjoyed my time in the office (though I have to say, I think I’d rather be in Vanautu when I look outside 😉 ). I can’t believe there is only this week left. I’ll likely continue on with the modelling and see what we can come up with. This week started with another conference call to Germany and discussion around potentially testing the tool with extension workers in Guatemala. There is a lot of work to do before then and increasingly I feel like I am really pushing myself to the limit of my knowledge. It’s an exciting combination of frustration and little breakthroughs. Time to get back to it!

Cheers,

Lee